Sr. Coordinator for Education Abroad
Norwich University in Vermont
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||April 24, 2014|
The Senior Coordinator for Education Abroad provides leadership within the International Center (IC) for a broad range of programs and services related to the design, development, implementation, and evaluation of a full range of services and programs for students seeking, engaged in, or who have returned from education abroad programs.
This is a new position that has been created to advance the comprehensive internationalization of the university, which is one of Norwich s top five strategic priorities leading up to its bicentennial in 2019.
- Provide general management and oversight of all programs, services, and administrative functions related to students seeking, engaged in, or who have returned from education abroad programs.
- Develop, implement, and maintain business processes that provide for each prospective education abroad participant a full range of service options including intake, exploration, referral, placement, processing, pre-departure orientation, and reentry.
- Establish appropriate protocols for initial vetting, ongoing assessment, and comprehensive evaluation of any third-party provider program that is endorsed by the university as part of the SAGE Programs.
- Work closely with the AVPIE to develop and implement appropriate protocols for development and implementation of faculty-led (typically short-term) Norwich Global Study Programs, including submission of proposals for such programs by Norwich faculty.
- Assist the AVPIE with the management and oversight of all exchange agreements.
- Assist the AVPIE, as assigned, with other special projects related to other domains of internationalization (e.g., Education Abroad, International Agreements & Partnerships, and International Risk Management).
- Serve as a back-up DSO and ARO within SEVIS.
- Design and implement pre-departure orientations and reentry programs to prepare participants for the academic, cultural, and personal adjustments they will encounter during their education abroad program and upon their return.
- Develop and disseminate information resources and training programs that will instruct participants and their families on health and safety issues in their destination country/countries so they can make informed decisions concerning preparation, participation, and behavior while on the program.
- Provide leadership regarding program promotion and marketing.
- Collaborate with the Assistant Vice President for International Education (AVPIE), other IC staff members, and the Office of Communications to develop and implement marketing plans to ensure that prospective program participants are frequently and effectively exposed to a compelling message with sustained visibility.
- Research, edit, and produce in coordination with the Office of Communications informational materials that will guide prospective education abroad participants through their range of options, helping them select the program that will best meet their needs and capacities.
- Advise prospective, current, and returned education abroad students and their families regarding Norwich policies, procedures, and resources for education abroad, including financial aid and scholarships, educational requirements, and insurance requirements.
- Work with campus departments on behalf of students to research and resolve academic, disciplinary, and financial aid issues.
- Develop and conduct program evaluations and work with AVPIE to implement improvements.
- Work closely with the AVPIE to maintain relationships with third-party education abroad providers.
- Work closely with the AVPIE to set clear goals for increasing education abroad participation and establishing methods and strategies to meet those goals.
- Masters degree
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in an Education/Study Abroad office
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of regulatory requirements affecting student mobility across borders
- Demonstrated strong skills in public speaking and motivating students to participate in education abroad programs and related activities
- Experience designing education abroad marketing/promotion plans and implementing successful strategies to meet specified goals
- Experience studying abroad
- Experience using Terra Dotta/Studio Abroad
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop partnerships and work efficiently and effectively with diverse relationships
- Demonstrated strong project management skills and ability to work well under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively
- Demonstrated experience working with individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds
- 5 years of experience working in an Education/Study Abroad office
- Fluency in a second language
- Experience as a DSO and ARO in SEVIS
- US citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident (required for access to SEVIS)
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and Norwich application to Education Abroad Search, via e-mail: email@example.com. Application deadline is 5/16/14, however, the position will remain open until filled.
Norwich University is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, group life and long term disability insurance, flexible-spending accounts for health and dependent care, a retirement annuity plan, and tuition scholarships for eligible employees and their family members.
How To Apply
It’s easy, fast, and FREE to manage your job search on Vitae.
- Organize all the documents needed to apply for this position in Vitae’s FREE dossier service
- Request letters of recommendation, provide references, and submit applications directly from Vitae
- Manage your job search, whether as a teaching assistant, a tenure-track professor, or a top administrator
To apply without using Vitae
Send all required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Already have a Vitae account?
Sign in below to start a new application for this job.