Sr. Coordinator for International Student Programs & Services
Norwich University in Vermont
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||April 24, 2014|
The Senior Coordinator for International Student Programs & Services provides leadership within the International Center (IC) for a broad range of programs and services related to the full life cycle of an international student, including but not limited to international recruitment and admissions, issuance of initial immigration documents, pre-arrival outreach and communications, orientation and ongoing social and cultural programming, immigration advising, and general support services and programs to ensure academic success and retention.
This is a new position that has been created to advance the comprehensive internationalization of the university, which is one of Norwich s top five strategic priorities leading up to its bicentennial in 2019.
- Provide general management and oversight of all programs, services, and administrative functions related to the full life cycle of all international students.
- Advise and assist the Assistant Vice President for International Education (AVPIE), and work closely with the domestic Admissions Office, to:
- Develop and implement key international student recruitment initiatives and to streamline the overall international student admissions process as part of a larger strategic international enrollment management plan for the university.
- Ensure an effective and efficient international student application process is in place and that the intake, review, and decision making with regard to those applications is completed in a professional and timely manner.
- Ensure an effective, efficient, and professionally sound process is in place for the evaluation of foreign academic credentials for international undergraduate applicants.
- Advise international students regarding a wide range of immigration issues.
- Develop and implement policies, procedures, and forms to facilitate a wide range of immigration functions related to international students (CPT, OPT, Extensions, Reinstatement, Reduce Course Load, etc.).
- Function as DSO and ARO within SEVIS.
- Work closely with the AVPIE to ensure institutional compliance with regulations governing the enrollment of international students, including but not limited to SEVIS reporting and recordkeeping requirements.
- Work closely with the AVPIE regarding recertification of F-1 program and redesignation of J-1 program.
- Develop and implement social and cultural programming and support services for international students (orientation, International Student 101, etc.).
- Serve as advisor to the International Student Organization.
- Manage special services for exchange students, including, when required, coordination of airport pick-ups
- Assist the AVPIE, as assigned, with other special projects related to other domains of internationalization (e.g., Education Abroad, International Agreements & Partnerships, and International Risk Management).
- Masters degree
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in an International Student & Scholar Services office and/or International Admissions office
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a DSO and ARO in SEVIS
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience working with individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds
- US citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident (required for access to SEVIS)
- 5 years of experience working in an International Student & Scholar Services office
- 5 years of experience as a DSO and ARO in SEVIS
- Fluency in a second language
- Experience studying abroad
Please submit a cover letter, resume and Norwich University Employment Application to International Student Search via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline is 5/16/14, however, the position will remain open until filled.
Norwich University is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, group life and long term disability insurance, flexible-spending accounts for health and dependent care, a retirement annuity plan, and tuition scholarships for eligible employees and their family members.
How To Apply
It’s easy, fast, and FREE to manage your job search on Vitae.
- Organize all the documents needed to apply for this position in Vitae’s FREE dossier service
- Request letters of recommendation, provide references, and submit applications directly from Vitae
- Manage your job search, whether as a teaching assistant, a tenure-track professor, or a top administrator
To apply without using Vitae
Send all required documents to email@example.com
Already have a Vitae account?
Sign in below to start a new application for this job.