PRESIDENT & CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Montana State University Alumni Foundation in Montana
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||April 24, 2014|
The Montana State University Alumni Foundation seeks an accomplished President and Chief Executive Officer to guide the Alumni Foundation to the next level of transformative support for the University.
The President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Montana State University Alumni Foundation (Alumni Foundation) is responsible for providing visionary leadership for the organization by working with the Alumni Foundation Board of Governors and its senior leadership team to establish and implement the strategic direction for the organization. This individual leads a dynamic team of 5 senior professionals responsible for the functional areas and teams in Development, Relations, Finance, Operations, and Constituent Information & Research. The President & CEO oversees the management of approximately $150 million in assets, a $10 million annual budget, and the many relationships of the organization, including the MSU Innovation Campus and the MSU Alumni Association and its members. As a private, non-profit entity, the Alumni Foundation secures financial support for Montana State University (University) and its strategic priorities. The Alumni Foundation has never been stronger and its cohesive, motivated staff is poised for accelerated success in its support of the University. The successful candidate will sustain and enhance the current organizational culture of performance-based management and accountability, career development, integrity, respect and appropriate recognition.
Working in close collaboration with the MSU President and senior management of the University, the President & CEO provides strategic leadership for fundraising, specifically through campaign readiness and implementation, and building affinity with alumni and friends of MSU through various media, programs, and events. This individual oversees all facets of the Alumni Foundation, including a staff of 80 professionals responsible for securing annual, major, and planned gifts; growing the Alumni Association member base; managing financial and constituent information; and maintaining effective working relationships with the University, Alumni Association, and other non-profit entities affiliated with the University. The President & CEO represents the Alumni Foundation and its mission and reports directly to the Alumni Foundation Board of Governors.
Special Skills and Qualifications:
- Baccalaureate degree with advanced degree preferred
- Five or more years of progressive success in a senior management role, preferably in a public university affiliated foundation and alumni association setting
- Results-driven with a proven track record of ethical and strategic leadership, collaborative planning and problem solving, and positive program and personnel management
- Business acumen, including experience managing and implementing multi-department budgets; understanding of proper non-profit financial management and investment practices
- Senior management experience in the planning and execution of a comprehensive campaign
- Ability to inspire others through strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to form strong relationships evidenced by effective collaboration with University leadership, employees, donors, alumni, the community, corporate and foundation representatives and other University related non-profits
- Involvement with an alumni association or other membership organization is preferred
- Familiarity with Montanas communities and culture is preferred
The Montana State University Alumni Foundation is an independent 501(c3) or private nonprofit corporation with three subsidiary organizations that serve one mission: We create lifelong relationships and strengthen our resources to advance Montana State University. The MSU Alumni Association, established in 1903, is a membership body that works each and every day to keep graduates and friends of the University connected to one another and to their Alma Mater. The MSU Foundation, established in 1946, raises significant private financial support and serves as the steward for more than $150 million dollars in invested resources from many generous donors. Those who give in support of Montana State University through the MSU Foundation, provide for a margin of excellence that benefits students, faculty, and the broader community we serve. The MSU Innovation Campus, a university-related research park established in 2012, offers powerful opportunities for partners to invest in a creative, entrepreneurial environment that offers state of the art facilities, supports start-up companies, and provides students with hands on learning experiences that can result in employment opportunities upon graduation.
Montana State University was founded in 1893 as a Land Grant University and is composed of nine academic colleges and a graduate school and boasts a friendly, supportive faculty and campus environment. Currently, the University hosts an enrollment of over 15,000 students, including approximately 2,000 graduate students. MSU is classified as one of 108 U.S. Research Universities (very high research activity) by the Carnegie Foundation.
MSU is located in Bozeman, Montana, an extended community of about 70,000 nestled in the Rocky Mountains in Southwest Montana. In addition to providing access to an extraordinary ecosystem for teaching and research programs, Bozeman is renowned for year-round recreational and cultural opportunities. Named an All American City, Bozeman boasts high-quality medical facilities, a very low crime rate, fine restaurants, acclaimed public and private schools, a symphony orchestra and choir, an annual opera, and nationally known events. Bozeman is listed as one of National Geographic's "World's 25 Best Ski Towns." Bizjournals.com ranked Bozeman #2 on the list of American Dreamtowns - small towns that offer the best quality of life without metropolitan hassles. Bozeman is located in the beautiful Gallatin Valley, 90 miles north of Yellowstone National Park.
How To Apply
It’s easy, fast, and FREE to manage your job search on Vitae.
- Organize all the documents needed to apply for this position in Vitae’s FREE dossier service
- Request letters of recommendation, provide references, and submit applications directly from Vitae
- Manage your job search, whether as a teaching assistant, a tenure-track professor, or a top administrator
To apply without using Vitae
Send all required documents to MSUAFCEO@wittkieffer.com
Already have a Vitae account?
Sign in below to start a new application for this job.