Director of Assessment and Faculty Development
Rowan University in New Jersey
|Deadline||April 29, 2014|
|Date Posted||April 24, 2014|
The Cooper Medical School of Rowan University Office of Medical Education is seeking a full-time Director of Assessment and Faculty Development. The Director of Assessment and Faculty Development leads efforts in program evaluation, learner assessment and faculty development for the Cooper Medical School of Rowan University.
- Provides operational oversight for Assessment and Faculty Development, under the direction of the Associate Dean for Curriculum and Innovation in the Office of Medical Education.
- Develops and maintains the systematic plan of evaluation and assessment for the medical education program at CMSRU.
- Ensures timely completion of activities contained in the systematic plan of evaluation and assessment.
- Chairs the Assessment Subcommittee of the Curriculum Committee of CMSRU.
- Responsible for organizing medical education research activities for the Office of Medical Education.
- Builds structures to capture data for longitudinal reporting.
- Creates and administers surveys of alumni, residency directors, and employers.
- Prepares, reviews, and interprets data and makes recommendations to the Deans of CMSRU.
- Supervises the creation, collection and maintenance of data for program and accreditation reports.
- Participates in self-studies and other accreditation report writing and development.
- Supervises the Assessment Coordinator.
- Assumes the role of Executive Proctor with the NBME to support the medical education examination program.
- Develops and selects evaluation instruments, strategies, and rubrics to measure program outcomes and the effectiveness of the curriculum, teaching activities and learning services for the Office of Medical Education.
- Develops and administers assessment instruments to assess program outcomes and prepares the analysis, interpretation, and reporting of results.
- Develops, delivers, and maintains the plan for faculty development for CMSRU.
- Works collaboratively with the Director of Faculty Affairs and Educational Programs to produce faculty development sessions that enhance the delivery of the CMSRU medical education curriculum.
- Develops the Resident as Teacher Program related to the CMSRU medical education curriculum.
- Trains faculty in effective student assessment including: understanding of student assessment methodologies, assessment tools/instruments and pedagogies that supports the medical education curriculum of CMSRU.
- Trains faculty in the use of data to improve student learning.
- Prepares reports for the Office of Medical Education and outside sources that support medical education.
- Supports the Associate Dean for Curriculum and Innovation of CMSRU with design and implementation of processes and procedures to support exponential growth of a new medical school.
- Serves on committees as assigned.
- Participates in professional development activities to keep current in the field of medical education, assessment, evaluation, and research methodologies.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. As such, the incumbent will perform other duties as assigned by the Dean, Vice Dean or Associate Dean for Curriculum and Innovation of CMSRU. Work hours are typically between 8AM and 5PM with flexibility for some evening or weekend hours based on department needs.
- The incumbent in this position reports 75% to the Associate Dean for Curriculum and Innovation for assessment responsibilities and 25% to the Vice Dean for faculty development responsibilities.
- Incumbent has a collaborative working relationship with the Director of Faculty Affairs and Educational Programs
- Incumbent has a working relationship with the Assistant Dean for Phase 1, Assistant Dean for Phase 2 and the Director for Curriculum and Student Development in the Office of Medical Education.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://rowanuniversity.hodesiq.com/job-details.aspx?jobid=4399401