Admissions Officer (3)
DePaul University in Illinois
|Date Posted||April 23, 2014|
DePaul University, the nation's largest Catholic university and one of the 10 largest private universities, is an urban institution with 6 campuses, more than 275 degree programs, and 25,000 students from a variety of diverse backgrounds.
Under the general supervision of the Director of Graduate Admissions and Recruitment, the Admissions Officer (3), as a vital member of the Admissions and Recruiting Team, is responsible for critical administrative duties in support of the effective admission processing operation for the office. This position will also have responsibility for admissions pipeline process and activities (driving inquiries to application) for the programs in the Graduate College of Education which include the Teaching & Learning programs as well as the Advanced Master's programs. As a territory manager based out of Lincoln Park, the Admissions Officer (3) will have recruitment travel and will work evenings and weekends, as needed. The position will collaborate with faculty program directors, the Faculty Chairperson, and others within the Enrollment Management Division to develop and coordinate a systematic and actionable integrative recruitment plan through the development and implementation of outreach activities, programs, and materials. This position will also actively use EMAS, and engage in on-going communications with prospective students, faculty, and other members of the college community.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze, coordinate and oversee the daily operations and work-flow for the processing functions of the Office of Graduate Admissions and Recruitment.
- Ensure the timely processing of graduate and international applications and their supporting documents, timely correspondence to students regarding missing materials and admissions status, electronic processing of applications and imaging of supporting documents and the determination of residency status.
- Develop and implement, in conjunction with others at the University, an integrated marketing plan and strategies to attract and enroll graduate students at the University.
- Work corroboratively with the team for the development of structures and processes necessary to collect and analyze marketing and enrollment data to support decision making and guide strategy development.
- Serve on project teams that work with the three departments within COE on the development and enhancement of their internal processes that impact recruitment, admission and retention of graduate students.
- Develop and nurture relationships with the faculty so as to better understand their programs, challenges and aspirations and promote mutual understanding of the direction and support that the enrollment management division can provide them.
- Serve as the primary liaison to an assigned academic department within COE, including membership on appropriate committees.
- Serve on divisional and University committees and represent the University to external organizations and associations as well.
- Manage inquiries, respond promptly and accurately to all student inquiries, by phone, e-mail, and in person.
- Contact students with incomplete applications or missing credentials.
- Ensure that admitted students are fully appraised of next step information.
- Follow up with students who have not submitted intent to enroll by the appropriate deadlines.
- Maintain contact with committed students to assure their enrollment the following quarter.
- Manage a recruitment territory and facilitate appropriate targeted outreach efforts to corporate, not for profit, educational and professional communities to support the enrollment goals of the college.
- Develop knowledge of the territory, educational needs and competitor institutions within the regions.
- Communicate with the corporate, not for profit, educational and professional communities in the regions, and seek opportunities for collaboration, enrollment expansion, and program development.
- Collaborate with the various communities to develop relationships with community leaders and to engage in community service, as appropriate.
- Track and assist in analyzing recruitment activities and results.
- Assist in preparing analytical reports.
- Direct select assessment projects related to the programs and services at LPC and at the suburban campuses.
- Work together with academic programs and other Enrollment Management colleagues to assess student satisfaction on an on-going basis.
- Serve an active role in on-campus recruiting activities throughout the year both at LPC and the suburban campuses which may include planning and presenting at GCOE sponsored general information sessions and program-specific sessions.
- Work closely with our special event coordinators to solicit the assistance of alumni, current students, faculty members, and others in the on-campus event efforts.
- Coordinate interactions between prospective students and School faculty.
- Train, provide input for evaluations and oversee the work-flow of full-time and part-time admission staff, who are primarily responsible for application processing and overall 'front-line' processes, including communicating with applicants and prospective students, administering GCOE enrollment policy and special projects.
- Supervises student assistants.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Five years of experience.
- Knowledge of enrollment management practices and exhibits an equally sound knowledge of contemporary adult education recruiting strategies and marketing strategies at the graduate level.
- Knowledge of statistics and budgets, and the ability to identify enrollment trends and general shifts in the demographics of college bound adult students.
- Knowledge of and strong skills in the use of technology-based information systems (ie., PeopleSoft, EMAS, and etc) used to support and deliver enrollment management programs and services, including creating and using such tools as databases, report generators, word processing, spreadsheets, and electronic presentations, the Web, and e-mail.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal presentation, and written communication skills are critical for success.
- Possess exceptional interpersonal and communication and product management skills.
- Strong project management/organizational skills with attention to detail, commitment to quality, and the ability to balance multiple demands from demanding constituencies.
- Demonstrate a professional presence and maturity in dealing with a variety of audiences, external and internal to the University.
- Capable of developing and implementing integrative marketing and recruitment plans to enroll significant numbers of graduate students in current and potential new graduate programs.
- Creativity, positive can-do attitude, flexibility, initiative, and the ability to function effectively as a member of a team.
- Responsive to feedback and committed to continuous improvement.
- Ability to think strategically, analytically, critically, and respond tactically to enrollment opportunities and challenges.
- Ability to assess market needs; identify, develop and implement marketing activities.
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends.
- Teaching Degree or a graduate degree in higher education administration.
- Five years of experience with experience in MBA admission and recruiting.
Are you interested in joining our team of talented, motivated employees and helping DePaul serve its students and communities around the world? If so, go to www.depaul.edu and select Employment at the top of the page to submit your cover letter and résumé online for this and other jobs. Please reference job number .
Salary & Benefits:
DePaul offers comprehensive and competitive pay and benefits to attract and retain talent to further the University's mission. Please click on the following link to review the full Benefits Summary. https://hr.depaul.edu/ContributionFolder/Documents/Benefits/Benefits_Summary_2011.pdf
Required Background Screening:
All final candidates extended an offer of employment will undergo background screening.
Mandated Reporting of Child Abuse & Neglect:
Upon accepting an offer of employment with the university, you will also be required to sign an Acknowledgement of Mandated Reporter Status at the time of hire. A mandated reporter is required to make a report to the Illinois DCFS Hotline whenever there is reasonable cause to believe that a child known to them in their professional or official capacity may be abused or neglected.
For more information about the Illinois Abused and Neglected Child Reporting Act, please visit: http://www.state.il.us/dcfs/faq/faq_faq_can.shtml
DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.