Senior Special Gifts Officer, College of Arts and Sciences, Honors College, University Academies & University Libraries
University at Buffalo in New York
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||April 21, 2014|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
Under the general leadership of the University at Buffalos Vice President for Development and Alumni Relations, the Senior Special Gifts Officer in the College of Arts and Sciences is charged with raising private gifts for the university as part of the universitys overall fundraising program. This position is an exciting and challenging opportunity for a highly motivated, energetic fundraising professional who is eager to help assess and drive the evolution of the fundraising programs for the Honors College, the University Academies, the University Libraries, and the College of Arts and Sciences. The Senior Special Gifts Officer will spend significant time identifying and cultivating potential new donors and nurturing existing relationships with alumni and friends in a professional and collaborative manner.
The Senior Special Gifts Officers primary responsibility is to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward prospects and donors capable of making gifts of $25,000-$100,000, including those in the early stage of cultivation and/or with whom the university has little to no relationship. As prospects with the capacity and inclination to make annual, major, and principal gifts are identified, the Senior Special Gifts Officer also may cultivate, solicit and steward these potential donors in collaboration with other university and College of Arts and Sciences gift officers.
Given the relative infancy of the development programs in the Honors College, Undergraduate Academies, and Libraries, a secondary responsibility of the Senior Special Gifts Officer will be to foster a culture of giving for those areas with a focus on first time gifts (many of which may be less than $25,000.)
Duties and Responsibilities
80% of Activity
- Works closely with the Assistant Dean and Senior Director of Development and Alumni Relations in the College of Arts and Sciences, as well as other development staff members, faculty, and key volunteers to pursue a coordinated and strategic program of cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of special and major gift prospects and donors for the Honors College, the University Academies, the University Libraries and the College of Arts and Sciences. (The anticipated breakdown of effort is 50% Honors/Undergraduate Academies/Libraries and 50% College.)
- Develops and manages a donor/prospect portfolio of 100-150 individuals capable of making gifts of $25,000-$100,000, including individuals in early stage cultivation and/or with whom the university has little to no relationship.
- Cultivate and solicit new prospects for the Honors College, Undergraduate Academies and the Libraries and develop a pipeline of special and major gift prospects for these programs.
Produces, implements, and manages strategic operating plans for the Honors College, Undergraduate Academies, University Libraries and College of Arts and Sciences as assigned by the Assistant Dean and Senior Director of Development and Alumni Relations.
- Documents contacts and strategies through the prospect tracking module of the AWA system, the in-house database for gift recording/reporting and all donor/prospect information. Adheres to the policies and procedures for accepting, recording and acknowledging gifts.
20% of Activity
- Participates as a full member of the university development and alumni relations team, attending development officer meetings, professional development activities, and other staff meetings as appropriate.
- Supports strategic operating plans for the Honors College, Undergraduate Academies, University Libraries, and the College of Arts and Sciences as directed by the Assistant Dean and Senior Director of Development and Alumni Relations; establish coordinated goals and implement programs to meet goals, and development policies and priorities.
- Provides staff support for the Colleges Deans Advisory Council on development-related issues, as requested.
- Recruits and manages volunteers when appropriate.
- Participates in university events to cultivate relationships with donors, prospects, key volunteers, and all internal partners.
- Pursues professional growth activities with the approval and support of the Assistant Dean and Senior Director of Development and Alumni Relations.
Salary commensurate with experience. UB offers highly competitive salary and benefit packages for its development staff.
The University at Buffalo is an Equal Opportunity Institution.
For more job information and directions on how to apply, please visit our website at:
https://www.ubjobs.buffalo.edu. Only applications received through UB Jobs will be considered.
Posting # 1400192
Quick link to applywww.ubjobs.buffalo.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=56988
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at https://www.ubjobs.buffalo.edu