Director, execMBA Program
University of Missouri in Missouri
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||April 17, 2014|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
- Leadership and oversight of the hybrid executive MBA program (execMBA) for approximately 70 part-time/executive graduate students in the Trulaske College of Business.
- Lead strategic planning for program and its curriculum, manage the program budget, and meet residual income goals. Maintain accountability for the overall success of the program. Lead student and employer engagement initiatives. Explore opportunities for growth.
- Select faculty who teach the courses, listen to and advise faculty during the development and modification of their courses, lead faculty meetings, establish and maintain norms, which are consistent across all courses in the program. Maintain, update, and execute contracts with all faculty teaching in the program.
- Determine which software and devices to use to deliver course materials.
- Establish the national marketing strategy and work closely with Assistant Director who manages the marketing budget as well as consultants/vendors who assist in the implementation of the strategy.
- Guide recruitment strategy initiatives to meet or exceed annual enrollment goals.
- Plan, host and present at off-campus recruiting events. Interact with HR and company executives to maintain and increase the number of company-sponsored students. Serve on the admission committee.
- Foster culture of excellence and contribute to record of strong student retention.
- Handle conflict when it occurs between students, faculty or staff. Advocate on behalf of students to faculty or staff when necessary.
- Lead the planning of multiple major events each year. Serve as host at each of these events.
- Lead efforts to establish a strong and active alumni community.
- Supervise execMBA staff.
- Liaise with Tech Services, Deans Office, Development, academic departments within Trulaske College of Business (TCoB), Mizzou Online and ET@MO.
- Provide support and appropriate leadership with regard to student outcomes and assessments in collaboration with Colleges AACSB Coordinator. Includes producing periodic reports and working with MBA Policy Committee to provide execMBA Faculty with feedback loop.
- Keep abreast of industry trends and competitors offerings to ensure continuous improvement of the curriculum and overall program.
- Participate in organizations and events that build/enhance the programs.
- Negotiate agreements with on-site and off-site vendors/partners.
- Collaborate with MU Business Services, Financial Aid, and Registrar to ensure seamless coordination of billing and records.
- Coordinate and teach three, one-credit hour courses on leadership development (Executive Development).
- Other tasks as might prove necessary as the program develops.
Hiring Range Commensurate with experience
Shift: 8-5 M-Friday; may require up to 50 hours per week; occasional evenings and weekends; some travel
Preferred Qualifications MBA or PhD in a business-related field, equivalent degree, or substantial business experience in management positions preferred. Knowledge of executive and/or online MBA industry is an advantage.
Application Materials Online application; resume/vitae; list of 3-5 references
Other Information Other relevant skills and experience include demonstrated leadership in academic program development and management; strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to work effectively with administrators, faculty, staff, and students; be a self-starter and motivated to work both independently and collaboratively within a small team. Networking skills are key for this role.
Minimum Qualifications: A masters degree in an area commensurate with the work being performed is required and dependent upon the program for which the position exists. A combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities can be acquired may be substituted.
A minimum of 3-5 years of professional experience is required. Previous supervisory experience is also required.
Benefit Eligibility: This position is eligible for University benefits. The University offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision plans, retirement, paid time off, and educational fee discounts. For additional information on University benefits, please visit the Faculty & Staff Benefits website at http://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits
Equal Employment Opportunity: The University of Missouri is an equal access, equal opportunity, affirmative action employer that is fully committed to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. For more information, call the Associate Vice Chancellor of Human Resource Services/Affirmative Action officer at 573-882-4256.
To request ADA accommodations, please call Human Resource Services at 573-882-7976. TTY users, please call through Relay Missouri, 1-800-RELAY (735-2966) or en Español at 1-800-520-7309.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://hrs.missouri.edu/find-a-job/staff/index.php