Program Coordinator for Adult/Continuing Education
University of Georgia -- Center for Continuing Education
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||April 15, 2014|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
UGAs Georgia Center for Continuing Education is looking for a full-time, high-level program coordinator. Candidates must be able to develop and implement new professional continuing education programs. This includes the ability to take initiative, identify subject matter experts that require interviewing and hiring, review and approve instructional materials in accordance with CEU guidelines, administer and monitor course budgets. Must be able to adapt and change as part of a flexible organization.
Summary of Position
Location: University of Georgia, Gwinnett Campus
Description: Full time position -- UGA benefit package eligible
Work Hours: 40+ most Saturdays included
How to apply (no calls or drop by applications accepted):
- Apply at www.ugajobsearch.com
- Create online account and application
- Search job posting #20140344 (Program Coordinator IV)
- Apply for job online and attach resume (required)
- The University of Georgia requires a background investigation for all new hires
Summary of Duties
- Identify, develop and implement new high-level continuing education professional programs that generate revenue to the Georgia Center for Continuing Education.
- Develop new continuing education collaborations with professional associations, business and industry.
- Primary program representative for existing high-level, complex programs
- Supervision of part-time clerical staff
- Ph.D. in related field or equivalent combination of master's degree plus 5 years of experience required.
- Area-specific certification and/or training may be required and other training will be provided as appropriate.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Implementation of high level professional training programs with adult-learners, non-traditional study
- History of working closely with faculty and/or subject matter experts
- Revenue-producing program management
- Confidence with public speaking and presentations
- Excellent written and oral communication, organization, and time management skills
- Ability to lift 30 pounds of training materials, own and drive a vehicle, and sit for extended periods of time
- Valid driver's license
Negotiable and includes UGA benefit package with choice of retirement plan