Associate Director of Housing and Residence Life for Living and Learning Communities
Jackson State University in Mississippi
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||April 15, 2014|
The Division of Student Life at Jackson State University invites applications for the Associate Director of Housing and Residence Life for Living and Learning Communities
POSITION SUMMARY: The Associate Director of Housing and Residence Life for Living and Learning Communities will develop and manage living and learning communities and assist in developing a strategic direction of the learning communities.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION: Masters degree in Student Personnel, Student Affairs, Higher Education, Counseling, Education, or related field is required.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
1. Experience working with living and learning communities is required.
2. Knowledge of current trends in student housing and related programming.
3. Demonstrated successful experience working with diverse populations.
4. Commitment to diversity.
5. Knowledge of residence life practices relevant to living and learning communities.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Minimum of two to three (2-3) years of progressive experience in housing and residence life at a college or university is preferred.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
2. Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
3. Ability to develop collaborative relationships with other university departments.
Applicants can view the full job description and apply online at: https://jsums.peopleadmin.com/
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at https://jsums.peopleadmin.com/