Associate Professor of Teacher Education Elementary Education Program
Boston University, School of Education in Massachusetts
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||April 11, 2014|
|Type||Tenured, tenure track|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
Associate Professor of Teacher Education
Elementary Education Program
The School of Education at Boston University invites applications for a full-time Associate Professor of Teacher Education position with a focus on Elementary Education. We are seeking a faculty member who shares Boston University School of Educations commitment to both the preparation of elementary educators and the advancement of research and scholarship in Teacher Education. The successful candidate will be recommended for tenure.
As one of the nations leading institutions for education and research, BU has a rich legacy of serving both our internal community of students, faculty, and staff as well as greater Boston and the world community. By choosing to work at Boston University, you will become a part of that legacy, with the opportunity to take advantage of significant opportunities for educational, professional, personal, and cultural growth. No matter what your role, you will join the thousands of other BU employees who are working to improve the lives of the people they touch.
Responsibilities: The successful candidate will teach undergraduate and graduate courses in Elementary Education with a focus on language arts. Other responsibilities include program advising for undergraduate, masters and doctoral students; providing field-based supervision; maintaining a productive program of research with an emphasis on Teacher Education; and providing service to the department, college, university and the professional community.
This Associate Professor position begins July 1, 2014. Applicants from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
- Earned doctorate in education or a closely related academic area
- Demonstrated teaching excellence at the PK-12 level
- At least three years of public school teaching at the elementary school level
- Prior college or university teaching experience
- An established program of research focused on teacher education that can earn tenure at Boston University
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills
Inquiries may be directed to the Chair of the Search Committee:
Dr. Donna Lehr
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applicants are encouraged to apply by May 30th.
Applicants should submit the following documents electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter explaining suitability for position
- Current curriculum vitae
- Three letters of reference
- Samples of scholarship
- Unofficial copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts
Boston University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer.
How To Apply
It’s easy, fast, and FREE to manage your job search on Vitae.
- Organize all the documents needed to apply for this position in Vitae’s FREE dossier service
- Request letters of recommendation, provide references, and submit applications directly from Vitae
- Manage your job search, whether as a teaching assistant, a tenure-track professor, or a top administrator
To apply without using Vitae
Send all required documents to email@example.com
Already have a Vitae account?
Sign in below to start a new application for this job.