Assistant Professor in Web & Graphic Design (non-tenure track)
The College of New Jersey in New Jersey
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||April 8, 2014|
|Type||Non tenure track|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
THE COLLEGE OF NEW JERSEY
The College of New Jersey is a highly selective public institution that has earned national recognition for its commitment to excellence. TCNJ emphasizes the undergraduate residential experience and offers targeted graduate programs. The College's seven schools- The Arts and Communication; Business; Humanities and Social Sciences; Education; Science; Nursing, Health and Exercise Science; and Engineering- offer degrees to nearly 7,000 students. With a 13 to 1 student to faculty ratio, TCNJ seeks to enroll approximately 1,375 entering, full-time freshmen each fall, 95 percent of whom live on campus.
ASSISTANT GRAPHIC DESIGN PROFESSOR: WEB & GRAPHIC DESIGN
We are seeking an inspiring, knowledgeable, and enthusiastic interactive designer to teach in TCNJ's Graphic Design program. The annual teaching load for this position is 4 to 5 courses annually, with some administrative services such as the curricular development. The individual appointed to this position will teach primarily web design classes but might also teach basic graphic design courses such as Design Fundamentals and/or Typography.
1. MFA in Graphic Design, Interaction Design, or Visual Communication Design from an accredited institution completed by the date of appointment.
2. College teaching experience. Preferably above the level of a graduate assistantship.
3. Expertise in graphic software applications relevant to interactive graphic design area, e.g., Mac OS, Adobe Creative Suite, iOS, client and server scripting.
4. Solid foundation in digital media as it relates to contemporary visual communication and critical theory.
5. Demonstrated ability in leadership, curriculum development, and strong communication skills.
6. Record of and promise for an active exhibition record commensurate with a highly competitive liberal arts college.Contact Information
Please submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, 20 examples of your own creative work, 20 examples of your student work, and three letters of recommendation electronically in PDF format to email@example.com with the subject line: Web "applicant's last name." Although not required, unofficial transcripts, and copies of previous syllabi may also be submitted for review. Only complete, electronic submissions will be considered. Please do not send additional materials (publications, teaching evaluations) unless requested.
A review of applications will begin May 1, 2014 and continue until the position is filled. Please direct further inquiries to Prof. Chung Chak, Search Committee Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To enrich education through diversity, The College of New Jersey is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College has a strong commitment to achieving diversity among faculty and staff, and strongly encourages women and members of underrepresented groups to apply.
Employment is contingent upon completion of a successful background check.
How To Apply
It’s easy, fast, and FREE to manage your job search on Vitae.
- Organize all the documents needed to apply for this position in Vitae’s FREE dossier service
- Request letters of recommendation, provide references, and submit applications directly from Vitae
- Manage your job search, whether as a teaching assistant, a tenure-track professor, or a top administrator
To apply without using Vitae
Send all required documents to email@example.com
Already have a Vitae account?
Sign in below to start a new application for this job.