Director, Center for Diversity and Inclusion
Michigan Technological University in Michigan
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||April 7, 2014|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
Job Description Summary: The Center for Diversity and Inclusion promotes dialogue and dynamic cultural exchange on the Michigan Tech campus and local communities. The Director plays a pivotal role by initiating and leading activities that engage and support underrepresented students and enhance the quality of the University experience for all students.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include (and are not limited to):
1. Lead and manage the day-to-day operations of the Center for Diversity and Inclusion(CDI) including student services and programs such as the MiCUP/MI-LSAMP, CDI Research Scholars Program, and Young Women Leadership Program.
2. Lead and plan strategic efforts designed to enhance student development and learning, as well as advance the Universitys goal of creating a diverse student, staff and faculty environment.
3. Supervise, evaluate, and provide professional development for full-time staff, staff assistants, and student employees.
4. Serve as the financial manager including balancing budgets and providing monthly projections.
5. Lead the efforts of managing the Cultural Competency Training curriculum including, but not limited to the development, training, and assessment.
Required Education (minimum requirements):
Masters degree with at least four years of experience in higher education student affairs or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired.
For a full position description and qualification requirements, go to: https://www.jobs.mtu.edu/postings/1563
Additional Information: Michigan Tech is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. The University is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at https://www.jobs.mtu.edu/postings/1563