Albion College in Michigan
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||April 4, 2014|
Albion College invites applications for the position of Psychologist. The successful candidate will have experience with and demonstrated knowledge of the developmental concerns of traditional-aged college students, as well as the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues, campus departments, and student groups. Job responsibilities include assessment, psychotherapy with individuals and couples, training and supervision of graduate student trainees, group psychotherapy, participation in the 24 hr. on-call rotation, crisis intervention, outreach presentations, and consultation. In addition to the areas stated above, interest and expertise in at least one of the following is desired: gender-related issues, intercultural concerns, eating concerns, learning disabilities, group therapy, and/or suicide prevention programming.
- PhD/PsyD in clinical or counseling psychology from an APA-accredited program.
- Michigan licensed or if licensed in another state, eligible for Michigan license.
- Previous work experience in a college counseling setting including management and supervisory experience preferred.
- Crisis management and problem-solving skills.
- Clinical supervisory experience.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all College constituents.
- Interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Willingness to provide a high level of customer service.
Applicants must send a letter of interest, resume, names and contact information for three references to Franklin A. Kelemen, Ph.D., Director for Counseling Services, email@example.com. Anticipated start date for the position is August 1, 2014.
A review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Albion College is a private liberal arts college of approximately 1400 students. It is situated in a culturally diverse community in south-central Michigan within an hour's drive of the University of Michigan, Michigan State University, and Western Michigan University. Albion is dedicated to the highest quality in undergraduate education and committed to diversity as a core institutional value. The College is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and non-discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation and of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age or disability, as protected by law, in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment. We are especially interested in candidates who will contribute to a campus climate that supports equality and diversity.
Visit our Web site at www.albion.edu
How To Apply
It’s easy, fast, and FREE to manage your job search on Vitae.
- Organize all the documents needed to apply for this position in Vitae’s FREE dossier service
- Request letters of recommendation, provide references, and submit applications directly from Vitae
- Manage your job search, whether as a teaching assistant, a tenure-track professor, or a top administrator
To apply without using Vitae
Send all required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Already have a Vitae account?
Sign in below to start a new application for this job.