Engineering Technology-Assistant Professor, tenure-track position
St. Cloud State University in Minnesota
|Deadline||May 04, 2014|
|Date Posted||April 4, 2014|
|Type||Tenured, tenure track|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Date of appointment:
August 20, 2014
The Department of Environmental & Technological Studies http://www.stcloudstate.edu/ets at St. Cloud State University is currently soliciting applications from qualified candidates for a tenure probationary faculty position of Assistant Professor to assume duty effective August 20, 2014. The department is interdisciplinary by design and offers 4 majors (Environmental Studies, Environmental Science, Technology Management (Construction Management and Industrial Technology), and Technology Education).
- Teach manufacturing and relevant construction and/or environmental courses in the ETS Department.
- Maintain facilities and equipment related to manufacturing/construction technology program.
- Teach courses related to secondary area of expertise that matches courses in the department.
- Assist with the design, development, and implementation of an Engineering Technology major in the department.
In order to be considered for tenure, the successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to: 1) teach and/or perform assignment effectively; 2) conduct scholarly achievement or research; 3) continue preparation and study in discipline; 4) contribute to student growth and development; and 5) provide service to the university and community. (IFO Article 22, Section B)
*Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization which can be found at: http://www.hr.mnscu.edu/contract_plans/index.html
Qualifications and experience:
- Doctorate - in Engineering Technology, Engineering or other closely related field.
- Manufacturing experience - supervisor level or higher.
- Evidence of demonstrated ability to teach and work with persons from culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Curriculum development experience.
- Secondary expertise in Construction, Transportation / Energy, or Environmental Studies.
- Higher Education teaching experience (Community /Technical College or University).
To apply for this position, please continue the process via this website or directly at: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/stcloudstate/default.cfm
Application Review begins immediately; position is open until filled.
Only complete applications will be considered. A complete application will include the following:
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Contact information for three (3) current, professional references
- Copies of Transcript(s) (undergraduate/graduate/PhD); if advanced to finalist, official transcripts will be required.
Kurt Helgeson, Search Committee Chair
Environmental & Technological Studies Department Chair
St. Cloud State University is committed to excellence and actively supports cultural diversity. To promote this endeavor, we invite individuals who contribute to such diversity to apply, including minorities, women, LGBT, persons with disabilities and veterans. St. Cloud State University is a member of Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/stcloudstate/default.cfm