Assistant Professor, Teacher Education
Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi in Texas
|Deadline||April 22, 2014|
|Date Posted||April 3, 2014|
|Type||Tenured, tenure track|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi is a learning centered institution committed to making excellence inclusive. Located on its own island, we are surrounded by the water of Corpus Christi and Oso bays. The beautiful natural setting is enhanced by our modern, attractive, and state-of-the-art classroom buildings and support facilities, and our colorful landscaping, and plazas that lend a distinctive tropical feel to the campus. Our Hispanic Serving Institution status provides a foundation to attain significant impacts for improving the educational attainment of our regional students, and our strategic location on the Gulf of Mexico and on the cultural border with Latin America places the Island University in perfect position to help realize its national and international prominence goals. TAMU-CC is committed to becoming an emerging research institution with unparalleled commitment to student success, closing gaps in achievement, and creating robust campus experiences.
The Department of Teacher Education invites applications for an assistant professor to fill a tenure-track position in our teacher education/certification program.
Our faculty use scholarly inquiry and practice to guide decisions on all levels of educational activity, in K-12 and higher education settings. We are seeking a candidate with public school teaching experience, and a strong focus in Texas teacher education and certification to help prepare teachers and scholars. The ideal candidate is one who is prepared to provide leadership and support for our students as future teachers and scholars that will allow them to become leaders able to work effectively with education and social issue. Teaching schedule may involve night, weekend, and electronic course delivery.
All candidates must meet the following required qualifications:
1) An earned doctorate in a field related to teacher education; ABDs will be considered but must have a completed terminal degree by the time of appointment,
2) A record of K-12 teaching experience for culturally and linguistically diverse settings in public schools, with a minimum of three years required,
3) Evidence of conducting scholarship, collaborating with faculty and students on issues related to educational issues, and
4) Evidence of service for the teaching profession through interaction with teachers, students and administrators in educational settings.
Preference will be given to candidates whose background includes: university/college teaching experience or related professional/work experience; such as serving on dissertations; experience with grants; and program development and assessment.
The position will remain open until filled.
Apply online at https://islanderjobs.tamucc.edu. A completed application file will include:
1. A letter of interest addressing qualifications listed above including a statement of teaching and research philosophy, scholarly and professional interest, and a description of your research experience,
2. A current curriculum vitae,
3. A list of three professional references including names, titles, phone numbers, and email addresses,
4. Copies of transcripts of graduate coursework,
5. A sample of your scholarly activities such as professional and academic publications and presentations and peer reviewed manuscripts.
TAMUCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at https://islanderjobs.tamucc.edu