Web Application Programmer/IT Specialist
Colorado State University in Colorado
|Deadline||April 21, 2014|
|Date Posted||April 3, 2014|
Chemical Management Unit
Environmental Health Services
Fort Collins, Colorado 80523-6021
Phone: 970 491-6745
FAX: 970 491-4804
Web Application Programmer/IT Specialist
Environmental Health Services 6021, Risk Management and Insurance 6002
The position will be filled based on qualifications with a salary of $60,000 per year with benefits.
Colorado State University (CSU) seeks a Web Application Programmer/IT Specialist to work jointly for Environmental Health Services (EHS) and Risk Management and Insurance (RMI). CSU is a land-grant institution with over 30,000 students and is a Carnegie Research University with an annual research expenditure of $ 376 million in fiscal year 2012. As a result, CSU requires a robust data system and computer support to maintain and build the extensive data systems used by the departments of EHS and RM. The Application Systems Programmer/IT Specialist position reports to the Information Technology Administrator.
Reflecting departmental and institutional values, candidates are expected to have the ability to advance the Department's commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Minimum Qualifications: Applicants must meet one of the following requirements (A, B or C) (Important: Applicants not meeting the minimums will NOT be considered.)
A Bachelors in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or related field and three (3+) years work-related experience.
B Masters or above in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or related field and one (1+) years work-related experience.
C - Non CS or CIS Bachelors in Science or a related field with five (5+) years with direct experience with asp.net VB programing and SQL databases.
- Strong programming knowledge in VB.net / ASP.net, MS Access VBA
- Experience with MS SQL Server programming
- Experience with MS Access database programming
- Ability to be able to communicate with non-technical internal customers
- Design, code, test, troubleshoot, maintain, enhance, and document software applications
- Troubleshoot technical issues and provide modifications to meet changing user requirements
- Three years experience in web-based application development utilizing Visual Studio 2010 environment
- Self-motivated, independent worker with strong work ethic
- Ability to develop applications from initial design to final implementation with little technical oversight
- Create and document design specifications
- Understand system development lifecycle
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work with a wide range of personality types and as a team member
- High level of output and contribution to the development team
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Application development using Asp.NET Framework (Web Application and Client)
- Database development/ maintenance (Access, SQL Server)
- Application testing and trouble shooting
- Maintain EHS/RMI websites
- IT system trouble shooting, networking, installation and software setup
- End user computer terminal setups
- Support IT initiatives for the departments of EHS/RMI as deemed necessary by the IT Administrator
- Other Duties as Assigned by the IT Administrator
12:00 noon, MT, on Monday, April 21, 2014
Application Process and Deadlines:
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. However, to ensure full consideration by the search committee, applications must be received by 12:00 noon, MST, on Monday, April 21, 2014. All applications or expressions of interest will be handled confidentially. Please visit our web site: www.EHS.colostate.edu/jobs for the application worksheet and full position announcement.
Applications should include:
- Letter of interest not to exceed three (3) pages.
- Targeted professional resume or curriculum vitae.
- Submit the Minimum and Preferred Qualification Worksheet (www.EHS.colostate.edu/jobs).
- Important: All applicants without worksheet will NOT be considered.
- The names, addresses, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of three (3) references. References will not be contacted without the final candidates knowledge.
Please provide all application materials electronically as a Word or PDF document with the email subject line as:
Search Committee: Web Application Programmer/IT Specialist -- [Last Name, First Name]
Inquiries and applications should be directed to:
James Graham, Search Committee Chair
Environmental Health Services, Campus Delivery 6021
Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO 80523-6021
Phone: 970-491-4803, Fax: 970-491-4804
Colorado State University conducts background checks on all final candidates.
Language and details can be accessed at: http://www.hrs.colostate.edu/background-checks/background-checks.html
CSU is an EO/EA/AA employer.
How To Apply
It’s easy, fast, and FREE to manage your job search on Vitae.
- Organize all the documents needed to apply for this position in Vitae’s FREE dossier service
- Request letters of recommendation, provide references, and submit applications directly from Vitae
- Manage your job search, whether as a teaching assistant, a tenure-track professor, or a top administrator
To apply without using Vitae
Send all required documents to James.Graham@colostate.edu
Already have a Vitae account?
Sign in below to start a new application for this job.