University of Wisconsin Madison in Wisconsin
|Date Posted||March 31, 2014|
University Research Park
University of WisconsinMadison
The University of WisconsinMadison, a public, land-grant institution recognized as one of Americas top academic research institutions, seeks the Managing Director for its affiliated University Research Park, Inc. (URP), an internationally-recognized research and technology park that supports early-stage and growth-oriented businesses in a range of sectors, including engineering, computational, and life sciences. URPs mission is to encourage technology development and commercialization that advances the economy and benefits research and related educational programs at UWMadison. URP serves as UWMadisons real estate development arm for facilities and space that nurture, promote, and support technology transfer and commercialization activities, and provides entrepreneurial real estate development services for start-up companies and other economic development ventures associated with the University. Located three miles west of the UWMadison campus, URP is home to more than 126 companies that employ over 3,500 people. URP is self-sustaining and returns profits to UWMadison programs, has performed well financially, and has built a reserve to invest in development projects in the future.
The Managing Director serves as the chief executive of URP and is responsible for the ongoing development and asset management of the buildings and property within the Research Park, as well as providing real estate acquisition, development and asset management services and facilities that foster economic development. URP offers unique opportunities and incentives for start-up companies through specialized growth environments. Working closely with other UWMadison initiatives, the Managing Director will bring collaborative abilities, political savvy, strategic thinking, and real estate development skills to provide facilities that nurture, promote, and support technology transfer and commercialization activities at UWMadison.
- Bachelors degree with a preference for an advanced degree;
- At least five years experience in or evidence of skills required for the management of a real estate related enterprise, such as a university research park, commercial real estate park, or a real estate development or activity designed to foster economic development through technology commercialization;
- Experience leading or working for a tax-exempt, non-profit organization that is overseen by a fiduciary board;
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement complex enterprises with an understanding of the business development process and the role of management, capital, market strategy, technological development and physical facilities in company success;
- Ability to provide long- and short-range planning and implementation of complex enterprises or business ventures with regard to marketing strategies, technological development, finance, etc.;
- Experience in economic development in a range of sectors (public, private, and not-for-profit), real estate and building development, and entrepreneurial and business start-ups;
- University experience and/or understanding of the shared governance model of universities.
To Apply: Nominations, inquiries, and expressions of interest may call 215-656-3543 for more information and are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume electronically by April 22, 2014 to: MDResearchPark-Wisc@DivSearch.com or to contact:
UWMadison is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that promotes excellence through diversity and encourages all qualified individuals to apply.
How To Apply
It’s easy, fast, and FREE to manage your job search on Vitae.
- Organize all the documents needed to apply for this position in Vitae’s FREE dossier service
- Request letters of recommendation, provide references, and submit applications directly from Vitae
- Manage your job search, whether as a teaching assistant, a tenure-track professor, or a top administrator
To apply without using Vitae
Send all required documents to MDResearchPark-Wisc@DivSearch.com
Already have a Vitae account?
Sign in below to start a new application for this job.