Case Western Reserve University in Ohio
|Date Posted||March 28, 2014|
Title: Admissions Manager
School: Weatherhead School of Management
Under the general direction of the director of admissions, senior recruiter, the admissions manager will recruit candidates, conduct admissions interviews, review applications and recommend applicants for admission. In addition, the admissions manager will develop and implement recruitment communication plans across graduate management programs and plan and execute all recruitment related events.
1. Generate new leads each month during pre-recruiting season. Seek opportunities to build pipeline with professional associations core schools, and organizations such as Summer on the Cuyahoga, INROADS, etc.
2. Represent Weatherhead at local and national recruitment fairs and events during recruiting season.
3. Take a proactive step with inquiries to generate completed applications. Invite prospective students to relevant events and provide admissions advice as needed. Facilitate the connection to the appropriate program and resources.
4. Review candidate applications and determine qualified applicants.
5. Conduct admissions interviews for assigned programs and provide assessment of application. Recommend applicants for admission based on application review and interview.
6. Prepare for admissions committee for applicant decision. Ensure that application assistants update applicant statuses and admissions decision.
7. Develop and implement effective communication strategies to keep inquiries and prospects engaged.
8. Create effective messaging to drive event attendance and the number of created applications.
9. Analyze and measure success of communication channels and methods to improve effectiveness of communications throughout the application and onboarding process.
10. Design and implement communication plan for admitted and deposited students (includes the onboarding process and hand off to Student Affairs).
11. Plan and coordinate recruitment events (information sessions, open houses, on-campus recruitment events, applicant interviews, fairs, and yield events) to inform inquiries, applicants, prospective students of our program offerings. Solicit student, faculty and program director involvement.
12. Develop and implement standards to deliver world class recruiting events.
1. Compile, coordinate and disseminate annual event calendar to internal and external partners.
2. Perform other duties as assigned.
Department: Continuous contact with all Weatherhead faculty and staff for the purpose of recruiting students.
University: Regular contact with Case Western Reserve University admissions, IT, purchasing, security and facilities personnel among others for recruiting efforts.
External: Continuous contact with prospective students, alumni, friends of Weatherhead and outside vendors for recruiting efforts.
Students: Continuous contact with Weatherhead students and occasional contact with students from other schools within the University for the purpose of recruiting students.
Supervise student ambassadors and volunteers during event execution.
Experience: 3 to 5 years of successful and progressive recruiting experience and/or marketing communications. Experience utilizing varied forms of communication to reach targeted audiences including social media.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, marketing, human resources or related field required.
1. Events Management experience for groups of 20-300 people (including working with vendors and contracts)
2. Experience managing projects and budgets including setting and meeting project and budget goals
3. Demonstrated history of responsibility for and success at meeting goals
4. Superior oral and written communications skills, including excellent presentation skills essential
5. Ability to engage with a variety of constituents (prospective and current students, alumni, faculty, etc.) from many different cultural backgrounds
6. Superior organizational skills; ability to manage micro and macro objectives and ability to execute multiple objectives concurrently
7. Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends and to travel both domestically and internationally
8. Creative and attentive to details is a must
9. Proficiency with MS office and managing databases required
General office working environment: Evening and some weekend work required. Domestic and international travel required.
In employment, as in education, Case Western Reserve University is committed to Equal Opportunity and Diversity. Women, veterans, members of underrepresented minority groups, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Case Western Reserve University provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the Office of Inclusion, Diversity and Equal Opportunity at 216-368-8877 to request a reasonable accommodation. Determinations as to granting reasonable accommodations for any applicant will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Respond in confidence, including salary history: CASE WESTERN RESERVE UNIVERSITY, Human Resources Job Code #3896
Apply to: jobs.case.edu