Director, Facility for Arts Research
Florida State University in Florida
|Deadline||April 27, 2014|
|Date Posted||March 28, 2014|
|Type||Tenured, tenure track|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
The College of Visual Arts, Theatre & Dance seeks applicants for Director of the Facility for Arts Research (FAR). The position would report to the Dean and is a 12-month tenure-track faculty position.
The Facility for Arts Research supports rigorous investigation and inquiry across artistic media and disciplines with a focus on technological innovation. FAR incorporates formLab, which gives artists, designers and scientists access to a variety of tools to engage in hybrid digital/physical practices, and Small Craft Advisory Press (SCAP), which blends traditional and digital printmaking processes to create collaborative artists’ books. FAR’s mission is to develop and share arts research-related resources with Florida State University and the larger community, providing a variety of classroom experiences, residencies, exhibitions, internship/volunteer opportunities and workshops. For more information, please visit: http://artsresearch.fsu.edu/
The Facility is housed within the College of Visual Arts, Theatre & Dance:
Candidates must possess a Master’s Degree in Fine Arts (MFA) or equivalent and should have a strong record of creative activity within the areas of sculpture, digital media, or other related disciplines. Candidates’ records must demonstrate work with a national scope (through exhibitions, publications, speaking engagements, etc). Candidates should have a demonstrated ability to successfully acquire external funding through grants and/or fundraising activities.
Previous academic experience is preferred, as is experience directing or leading a center, institute, organization, or program within the arts. Preferred candidates will have a record of distinguished artistic and creative activity with an international scope.
Research, service, teaching, and administrative activities as Director of the Facility for Arts Research. The Director will provide vision and leadership to build the Facility’s regional, national, and international reputation.
- Develop and implement a strategic vision to build and increase research stature at regional, national, and international levels
- Foster a research culture that encourages creativity and originality while promoting interdisciplinary activities
- Successfully pursue grant funding and fundraising to support the Facility’s mission and scope
- Identify new research and creative activity opportunities with the potential to bring significant recognition
- Design and implement a cohesive visiting artists and scholars program, ensuring quality and diversity of creative contributors
- Increase intra-College participation in FAR activities while seeking out opportunities for collaboration across the FSU and beyond (such as with institutes, universities, businesses, and governmental agencies)
- Promote ethics and integrity in scholarship, research, and creative activities; ensure regulatory compliance where applicable
- Contribute to the scholarly and creative activity of FAR
- Oversee the development of procedures to enhance and track research and creative activity productivity
- Provide direction and oversight for personnel and fiscal management
- Teach approximately two to three courses per year within the Department of Art
Anticipated Salary Range:
Negotiable based upon qualifications, education, and experience.
How to Apply:
If qualified and interested in a specific vacancy as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu.
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include work history and all education details (if applicable) even if attaching a resume.
Candidates must submit a statement outlining the philosophy they would apply to directing the Facility for Arts Research as well as a Curriculum Vita Images of work should also be submitted to the committee for review. These documents should be submitted via the online application process or by mail to:
Office of the Dean, College of Visual Arts, Theatre & Dance
Florida State University
PO Box 3061170Tallahassee, FL 32306-1170
Equal Employment Opportunity:
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at: http://www.hr.fsu.edu/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf
Tobacco Free Campus:
Effective January 1, 2014, tobacco use, including simulated tobacco use, is prohibited on property, interior and exterior, owned or managed by Florida State University. This policy applies to all Florida State University students, employees, consultants, contractors, visitors, and external individuals.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at https://jobs.omni.fsu.edu/psp/sprdhr_er/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL