Assistant Director, International Recruitment (South Korea based)
University of Utah
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||March 25, 2014|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
The Assistant Director, International Recruitment will be based in South Korea and will be the recruitment specialist for the University of Utah Asia Campus (UAC). The Assistant Director assists with identifying target markets and then creating and executing recruitment strategies and activities. Activities in South Korea (as well as Asia and Southeast Asia) may include attending recruitment fairs, presentations to students and parents, networking and relationship building with high school personnel, and other activities designed to recruit qualified applicants. In addition to representing the UAC, this position will also be responsible for recruiting qualified applicants to the Main Campus in Salt Lake City, Utah. Although this position will be domiciled in South Korea, this position will travel frequently to Utah for training and other activities.
- Oversees daily recruitment and marketing operations in South Korea and coordinates recruitment and marketing activities throughout South Korea, Asia and Southeast Asia.
- Provides campus tours and information sessions and hosts other campus visit programming.
- In collaboration with the Recruitment Team, develops and implements recruitment goals and objectives.
- Researches target markets in South Korea and other Asian countries.
- Represents the University of Utah Asia Campus, as well as the Main Campus, during recruitment activities, college fairs, presentations, school visits, social media sites, etc.
- Tracks and maintains prospective student information using CRM software
- Builds and executes communication plans for prospective and admitted students
- Works proactively with Main Campus and UAC personnel to ensure smooth, efficient recruitment and admissions processes
- Prepares reports, financial statements and records on program status and progress for supervisors
- Supervises at least one staff member at the UAC.
- Writes and edits program related publications and promotional/educational materials.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree in a related area or equivalency (2 years related work experience may be substituted for 1 year of education). Masters degree preferred.
- Four to six years of progressively more responsible management experience.
- Experience working or studying at a US university
- Knowledge of US university admissions processes & international recruitment activities
- Bilingual (verbal and written) in English and Korean
- Demonstrated coordination and organizational skills; ability to track, prioritize and complete tasks as well as analyze information and make decisions related to area of responsibilities, independently
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; excellent presentation skills
- Outstanding collaboration and consensus-building skills
- Finalists will be asked to provide a copy of their current passport or other documentation to prove their ability to travel throughout the world and the United States.
- Successful candidates must be willing to live in South Korea and qualify for the appropriate immigration visa (if applicable).
APPLICATION PROCESS: To apply online (Job ID# PRN05492B), visit:
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veterans status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans preference is extended to applicants, consistent with University policy and Utah state law. To inquire about this posting, email: email@example.com or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/TDD), email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://utah.peopleadmin.com/postings/30607