Academic Coordinator & Assistant Director
University of Rochester in New York
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||March 21, 2014|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
The College at University of Rochester is seeking candidates for an assistant director & lecturer position in the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL). The assistant director of the center is responsible for coordinating a range of study support, with emphasis on instruction, assessment, and administration of our student-led collaborative learning programs. In conjunction with course faculty, the assistant director teaches credit-bearing training courses for student leaders who serve as facilitators for our course-specific collaborative learning teams. The ideal candidate will have a Ph.D. as well as proven experience in teaching and educational assessment. The position is a 40-hour/week, 12-month appointment.
- Teaches sections of the credit-bearing leader training courses for our student-led collaborative learning programs situated largely, but not exclusively, in science courses
- Works directly with faculty regarding the content and pedagogy of the student-led training courses and the supervision of the associated student-led groups
- Works with faculty to develop new collaborative learning components for courses as needs arise
- Provides technical expertise in the assessment of the program; prepares assessment reports each semester
- Additional responsibilities include logistical support for the collaborative learning programs and oversight of the budgets
- Assists director of teaching and learning center with general management of the overall program
Masters degree or higher in science, science education, or related field. Ph.D is strongly preferred. Two to five years experience in teaching and educational assessment. Experience in teaching & learning centers and/or collaborative learning programs a strong plus. TA training experience a plus.
Bachelors degree with major course work in the field of assignment, and 2 years (prefer 2-5 years) in teaching and educational assessment. A year or more of post-baccalaureate academic work in field of assignment or a related field is desirable; or an equivalent combination of experience, training and education.
Interested candidates should forward a cover letter and resume to:
Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning
University of Rochester
1-154 Dewey Hall ~ Box 270359
Rochester, NY 14627
Or e-mail to:
Subject header: Assistant Director, CETL
To be considered for this position, applicants must also apply online at: http://www.rochester.edu/working/hr/jobs/
Job ID: 183155
The University of Rochester is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How To Apply
It’s easy, fast, and FREE to manage your job search on Vitae.
- Organize all the documents needed to apply for this position in Vitae’s FREE dossier service
- Request letters of recommendation, provide references, and submit applications directly from Vitae
- Manage your job search, whether as a teaching assistant, a tenure-track professor, or a top administrator
To apply without using Vitae
Send all required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Already have a Vitae account?
Sign in below to start a new application for this job.