Director of Registration and Records
Colorado State University-Global Campus in Colorado
|Deadline||March 27, 2014|
|Date Posted||March 14, 2014|
Colorado State University-Global Campus is a 100% online public university that provides innovative higher learning opportunities for nontraditional students and working adults. Specializing in bachelor's completion and graduate degree programs as well as offering a number of Certificates of Completion, CSU-Global is committed to providing the very best education for its students in a convenient, flexible 100% online environment.
General Description of Position
The Director of Registration and Records provides leadership, vision and hands-on management of services provided while being accountable for stewardship and best practices for maintenance of academic records at the University. The Director of Registration and Records is expected to help craft and implement strategic initiatives in areas including compliance, technology, process improvement, and metric development around key performance indicators.
This is a highly visible position working closely with the President, Provost, CSU-Global staff, academic deans and others across the campus. The Director of Registration and Records is responsible for maintaining the integrity of the University's admissions and academic policies and procedures as they pertain to student records and must provide leadership and training to staff ensuring integrity and adherence to institutional, state and federal regulations. The position will report to the Provost and is a full time, exempt position. This is a position that requires full-time Greenwood Village, CO office presence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Director of Registration and Records will supervise a staff responsible for compilation, recording, verification, and dissemination of all data related to student enrollment, curriculum, academic progress, and grades. In addition, the Director will assist all academic units and students in ensuring compliance to university policies and procedures pertaining to the observance of academic calendars, Academic Catalog information, grading practices and the recording of academic achievement. The position oversees the student information system (CampusVue) as it pertains to student records, determining development and maintenance needs, coordinating priorities and testing schedule with the Information Technology Department, and approves changes. Coordinates the collection, recording, maintenance, and release of student records within FERPA and AACRAO guidelines and university policies. Produces ad hoc and standing reports; oversees external reporting ensuring data integrity.
- Management of department personnel including but not limited to the Associate Director of Registration, the Manager of Transcript Evaluation and Articulation, and the team of Transcript Evaluators.
- Oversight of the operations for academic processes including, but not limited to:
- Integrity of student records data within the student information system.
- Summary and official transcript evaluations.
- Certification of graduation records.
- Course inventory and scheduling.
- Degree program audits.
- Student Status Verification and Documentation.
- Student program planning information and guides.
- Commencement activities.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Masters degree
- 5 - 7 years in a Director -level position equivalent positions are those within a complex, multi-location organization where applicant has demonstrated effective performance in managing managers, writing policies and developing and executing budgets.
- Demonstrated ability in creating, and then leading the implementation and ongoing enhancement of strategic new initiatives and processes.
- Proven experience managing an enrollment system or similar data management system in a large organization.
- Excellent organizational and management skills with excellent written, public, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Demonstrated experience in interpreting, documenting and enforcing organizational, state and/or federal policies and regulations; and best practices.
- Proven ability to effectively lead, manage, and develop teams to meet or exceed organizational objectives.
- Demonstrated understanding of the application of technology to efficiently deliver services.
- Demonstrated excellence collaborating effectively with organizational departments and cross-functional teams.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Strong knowledge of AACRAO and FERPA guidelines preferred but not required.
Salary range: $72,000-82,000, commensurate with experience.
Special Note: The successful candidate must pass a criminal background check.
Colorado State University System is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and complies with all federal and Colorado state laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding affirmative action requirements. In order to assist Colorado State University System in meeting its affirmative action responsibilities, ethnic minorities, women, and other protected class members are encouraged to apply and to also identify themselves.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://csuglobal.edu/careers