Vice Provost for Budget and Planning
California State University, Chico in California
|Date Posted||March 11, 2014|
Vice Provost for Budget and Planning
California State University, Chico
California State University, Chico invites applications and nominations for the position of Vice Provost for Budget and Planning.
The Vice Provost for Budget and Planning serves as the primary financial officer for the Division of Academic Affairs and reports to the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs. The Vice Provost serves as a key member of the Provost’s leadership team, developing multi-year budget priorities for seven colleges and six administrative units in the Academic Affairs Division. The Vice Provost manages a staff team of nine members in Budget and Resource Allocation, Institutional Research, Learning Facilities, and Academic Planning and Program Review. The Scope of responsibilities includes the following:
• Integrates the considerations of resource allocation and the University’s strategic priorities into on-going academic planning efforts and the achievement of each college and division goals.
• Leads the annual budget allocation process to units within the Division of Academic Affairs; provides guidance and strategies to deans and unit administrators for sound financial management and wise resource stewardship.
• Provides leadership on data-driven planning efforts and decision making by ensuring the sound management and development of operational infrastructure for data collection, analysis, modeling, and presentation.
• Provides systems thinking approaches to strategic planning efforts by working directly with faculty governance groups, administrators, staff and students.
• Serves as chief physical resource officer for the Division of Academic Affairs, advising the Provost on space planning, utilization and distribution of space.
• Represents the Provost across other campus divisions and within the California State University system on issues related to academic budget and planning.
• Provides leadership in a manner that is consistent with the University’s mission, vision, values, and priorities.
• Provides leadership for academic assessment and academic program review.
• A terminal degree and academic accomplishments appropriate for faculty appointment at the rank of Professor in an academic department of the University.
• A record of outstanding administrative leadership in higher education with a complex and substantial budget portfolio.
• Demonstrated leadership in data-driven planning.
• Significant experience in leadership roles and a collaborative management style that fosters trust, respect, and successful working relationships with faculty, staff, students and administrators within Academic Affairs and across the University.
• Knowledge of higher education policy issues at the state and federal levels.
• Demonstrated decision-making experience with facilities utilization.
• Effective communication competencies and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated effectiveness in working with diverse constituencies.
• Experience with or an extensive understanding or about collective bargaining in higher education.
Salary and Position Status:
This is a full-time position with benefits. The salary range is commensurate with experience, knowledge and skills. This position is an Administrator IV in the Management Personnel Plan (MPP). MPP positions serve at the pleasure of the President.
California State University, Chico is one of the most highly ranked regional public universities in the West and one of the most popular within the California State University 23 campus system. With 16,000 students, 7 colleges, and 70 undergraduate and 35 graduate degree programs, Chico State provides students with a Northern California small college town, residential campus experience that rivals many private universities. The campus emphasizes and fosters sustainability, service to the community, and civic engagement that transforms student learning and enhances the local and extended environment. CSU, Chico is a university that educates students from a variety of ethnic, cultural, and international backgrounds, and values a diverse faculty, staff and administration.
Review of Applications will begin on March 24, 2014, and continue until the position is filled.
Applications and Nominations should be sent electronically and include a cover letter of interest; a complete and current curriculum vitae; and names, addresses, telephone numbers, and email addresses of five references. The cover letter of interest should indicate how the applicant’s qualifications relate to the responsibilities of the Vice Provost position. Applicants should briefly articulate their administrative philosophy and the role of the Vice Provost in translating the Academic Affairs budget and operations across the academy. Applications and nominations should be sent electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
California State University, Chico employs only individuals authorized to work in the United States. California State University, Chico is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Americans with Disabilities Act employer.
Additional information about the University is available at: http://www.csuchico.edu
Copyright ©2013 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://apptrkr.com/447158