Kinesiology-Recreation Sports/Mangement, Assistant Professor, fixed-term non-probationary position
St. Cloud State University in Minnesota
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||March 5, 2014|
|Type||Non tenure track|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
Date of appointment:
August 20, 2014
The Department of Kinesiology at St. Cloud State University includes undergraduate degree programs in Recreation/Sport Management, Athletic Training, Community Health and Health/Physical Education as well as graduate programs in Sport Management and Exercise Science. We seek a broadly trained individual who is student-centered and committed to quality undergraduate and graduate teaching in Recreation/Sport Management.
- Teaching undergraduate and graduate recreation/sport management courses including, but not limited to, marketing, financing, personnel management, liability/risk management, facility management, leadership and other classes based on the applicants background and curricular needs of the Department.
- Engage undergraduate and graduate students in professional development
- Participate in departmental, school, university and community service activities.
- Engagement in scholarship and professional development activities
*Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization which can be found at: http://www.hr.mnscu.edu/contract_plans/index.html
Qualifications and experience:
- Masters or doctoral degree in recreation management and/or sport management
- Evidence of experience with experiential learning instruction or classroom teaching
- Evidence of competence in using technology in the classroom
- Evidence of demonstrated ability to teach and work with persons from culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Doctorate degree or ABD
- Teaching experience at collegiate level
- Work and/or consulting experience in recreation/sport management
- Experience working with Council on Sport Management Accreditation (COSMA) and/or Council on Accreditation of Parks, Recreation, Tourism and Related Professions (COAPRT) standards
- Experience with undergraduate and graduate internships and capstone experiences
To apply for this position, please continue the process via this website or directly at: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/stcloudstate/default.cfm
Application Review begins April 3, 2014; position is open until filled.
Only complete applications will be considered. A complete application will include the following:
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Contact information for three (3) current, professional references
- Copies of Transcript(s) (undergraduate/graduate/PhD); if advanced to finalist, official transcripts will be required.
Terri Sheehan, Search Committee Chair
St. Cloud State University is committed to excellence and actively supports cultural diversity. To promote this endeavor, we invite individuals who contribute to such diversity to apply, including minorities, women, LGBT, persons with disabilities and veterans. St. Cloud State University is a member of Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/stcloudstate/default.cfm