Assistant or Associate Professor of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
St. Cloud State University in Minnesota
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||February 27, 2014|
|Type||Tenured, tenure track|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
The Department of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering at Saint Cloud State University is seeking applications for a tenure track probationary faculty position at the Assistant or Associate Professor level with an appointment starting date of Aug 20th 2014. The department has two ABET accredited undergraduate majors in Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering, a dual degree program in ME and MfgE and a Masters in Engineering Management program. Information about the department is available at: http://www.stcloudstate.edu/mme
The responsibilities of the probationary faculty position include teaching undergraduate courses in Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering programs in an experiential setting, advising undergraduate students in these programs, being involved in professional development activities in appropriate fields of expertise, mentoring student projects and to assist in the development and implementation of a new Engineering Technology program.
In order to be considered for tenure, the successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to: 1) teach and/or perform assignment effectively; 2) conduct scholarly achievement or research; 3) continue preparation and study in discipline; 4) contribute to student growth and development; and 5) provide service to the university and community. (IFO Article 22, Section B)
*Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization which can be found at: http://ifo.org/contract-benefits/contract/
- Ph.D. in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering or closely related field. Candidates must have completed their PhD by the appointment starting date of Aug 20th 2014.
- Expertise in one or more of the following general technical areas: Machine Design, Solid Mechanics, Dynamic systems, Manufacturing Engineering.
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Evidence of demonstrated ability to teach and work with persons from culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrated effective teaching experience in an ABET-accredited engineering program (through student evaluations).
- Work experience in industry as an engineer after obtaining a BS degree in engineering or a closely related field (such as materials science or similar).
- Engineering background in three or more of the following technical areas: Machine Design, Solid Mechanics, Materials Characterization, Computer Aided Design, Design of Experiments, Lean Manufacturing
- Evidence of teaching engineering in a laboratory setting.
- Evidence of engineering work in a cross-cultural and/or multidisciplinary team setting.
- Experience in an experimental field of engineering that involves engineering measurements, data gathering and in depth analysis.
- Holding a Professional Engineering (PE) licensure or working towards a PE licensure in a closely related field of engineering.
As part of the interview process, candidates with campus interviews will be expected to teach an undergraduate level mechanical engineering class where teaching effectiveness will be evaluated by MME department faculty.
To apply for this position, please continue the process via this website or directly at: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/stcloudstate/default.cfm
Application Review begins March 22, 2014; position is open until filled.
Only complete applications will be considered. A complete application will include the following:
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Contact information for three (3) current, professional references
- Copies of Transcripts (undergraduate/graduate/PhD); if advanced to finalist, official transcripts will be required. If the original transcripts are not in English, a translated copy should also be included.
A. Serdar Sezen, Search Committee Chair
Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering
Department of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
E-mail: email@example.com (preferred means of communication)
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/stcloudstate/default.cfm