Graduate Programs Director- Biomedical Engineering #1301139
Purdue University in Indiana
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||February 24, 2014|
Direct and oversee the design and development of the novel graduate training programs in translational engineering as part of the Weldon School of Biomedical Engineering and the clinical and industry partners. Oversee development, implementation, and assessment of initiatives for curricular and course integration with various aspects of research, clinical and professional training. Implement assessment strategies, including data collection, review, and analysis, for continuous improvement of all of our graduate training programs. Develop national-level recruiting strategies and coordinate strategic and diversity recruiting programs. Handle the admissions processes, including screening and advising applicants and incoming students. Initiate and coordinate preparation of graduate training grant proposals to federal and state funding agencies.
- Master's degree in the field of science or engineering.
- Two years of academic program coordination in higher education.
- Supervisory experience.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience will be accepted.
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service, and (verbal and written) communication skills with the ability to work well with a diverse group of students, administrators, faculty, and staff.
- Strategic planning, effective leadership, creative problem-solving, policy and program development, successful grant writing, and analytical and integrative skills.
- Excellent computer, database management, and electronic media publishing and presentation skills.
- Must be highly motivated, self-initiating, and a team player.
Experience in an area of translational engineering, science, or medicine.
Experience with NIH or NSF sponsored graduate training programs.
- ALL applicants must apply via Purdue's online recruitment system. No other applications will be accepted.
- A Background Check will be required for employment in this position.
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible For Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contribution Waiting Period.
- Purdue University is an equal access/equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Candidates should apply online at www.purdue.edu/hr/careers and reference Job #1301139.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://bit.ly/MJttvO