|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||February 21, 2014|
Yale University offers exciting opportunities for achievement and growth in New Haven, Connecticut. Conveniently located between Boston and New York, New Haven is the creative capital of Connecticut with cultural resources that include three major museums, a critically-acclaimed repertory theater, state-of-the-art concert hall, and world-renowned schools of Architecture, Art, Drama, and Music.
The Manager of Instructional Systems Design provides core leadership for development and of all Academic applications, software, and other instructional systems. Responsible for the identification, development, integration, and improvement of instructional systems. Collaborate with staff, faculty and IT Leadership to develop technology strategy and vision, and support all design, development and unit/integration/performance test/deployment activities associated with project and operational support work. Interface and influence at all levels in the organization, ranging from non-technical senior leadership to software developers and operations staff. Work closely with support specialists, project teams and business analysts to translate detailed specifications into new or enhanced instructional solutions to meet the needs of Yales academic mission. Provide pedagogical and instructional design consultation for faculty and teaching staff which require assistance and support in developing online, hybrid, and Web-enhanced courses. Act as functional owner for Yales institutional Course Management System, CLASSES*v2, and ensure that the underlying technology meets and anticipates existing and emerging needs for the support of teaching and learning.
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant technical field and six years of related technical experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven ability to lead, manage and prioritize multiple complex projects from design through deployment within a matrixed environment; Well-developed leadership and people management skills.
- Proven technical knowledge of programming platforms such as Java/J2EE, .NET, PHP, and Ruby/Rails.
- Proven experience in the use of learning management systems such as Moodle, Blackboard, Sakai, Canvas, Desire2Learn.
- Proven experience with technical management of an applications portfolio i.e., ability to translate operational technical needs into complete, deliverable solutions and ensure client satisfaction.
- Project Management experience developing application systems; Ability to interface and influence at all levels ranging from non-technical senior leadership to software developers and operations staff.
- Preferred: Graduate or post-doctoral degree in technology, distance education or a related field with seven or more years experience; experience working with faculty on instructional or research related projects; experience with applications or systems that provide online learning opportunities for students; experience leading application development, application, operational support and IT project management.
Application: For more information and immediate consideration, please apply online at www.Yale.edu/jobs - the STARS req ID for this position is 24421BR. Please be sure to reference this website when applying for this position.
We invite you to discover the excitement, diversity, rewards and excellence of a career at Yale University. One of the country's great workplaces, Yale University offers exciting opportunities for meaningful accomplishment and true growth. Our benefits package is among the best anywhere, with a wide variety of insurance choices, liberal paid time off, fantastic family and educational benefits, a variety of retirement benefits, extensive recreational facilities, and much more.
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of an individuals sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://www.yale.edu/jobs