Instructional Laboratory Coordinator - Biomedical Engineering
Purdue University in Indiana
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||February 19, 2014|
Oversee the daily instructional laboratory operations including preparation and maintenance of lab experiments, ordering necessary supplies and equipment. Order, store, and maintain laboratory materials, equipment, and specimens, including live cultures. Maintain all laboratory spaces and equipment in a clean, safe, and functional condition. Organize, set-up, and tear-down all spaces including flexible laboratory space. Assist faculty in curriculum development, laboratory protocol testing, and written manual preparation. Help monitor, improve, and evaluate performance of teaching assistants; monitors and supervises record keeping.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited Engineering School.
- One year experience in Biomedical Engineering research or related research.
- Training with various types of bioinstrumentation and medical equipment as well as basic electronics skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, (verbal & written) communication, and public speaking skills with ability to work with faculty, staff, and students with various cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Must have computer and internet skills.
- Ability to lift and carry 10 to 25 pounds frequently and 40 pounds occasionally.
- Advanced degree in Biomedical Engineering or related engineering disciplines.
- Coursework in Education.
- Teaching experience, including preparing educational materials such as lesson plans, texts, and demonstration aids.
- Supervisory experience.
- Basic understanding of fluid mechanics and mass transport of physiological and biological systems.
- Assessment and evaluation skills, including creating assessment tools with ability to collect, compile and evaluate assessment data.
- ALL applicants must apply via Purdue's online recruitment system. No other applications will be accepted.
- A background check will be required for employment in this position.
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible For Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contribution Waiting Period.
- Purdue University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer.
Candidates should apply online at www.purdue.edu/hr/careers and reference Job #1400340.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://bit.ly/1eXqqfl