Director of Philanthropy
Centenary College of Louisiana in Louisiana
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||February 18, 2014|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
The Director of Philanthropy directs a staff of philanthropy officers that identify, cultivate, solicit and steward alumni, parents, and friends capable of making unrestricted gifts to the Centenary Fund. He/she will also personally develop a portfolio of prospects capable of major annual and capital gifts. This position entails significant interaction with potential high-level donors. Travel is required. He/she is responsible for developing and implementing an effective plan to secure ongoing unrestricted funding support for Centenary College.
- Assists in the planning and execution of a comprehensive Centenary Fund giving program
- Identifies individuals capable of making major unrestricted gifts
- Develops effective cultivation strategies, performs direct solicitations independently or in tandem with volunteers or other gift officers
- Oversees the implementation of direct mail appeals that utilizes an effective segmentation strategy.
- Monitors and oversees the progress of an effective implementation of a robust Class Agent program, with special attention to a successful Reunion Gift campaign.
- Develops and implements strategies to ensure proper identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of major gift prospects capable of making annual gifts of $5,000 or more per year
- Personally manages a portfolio of up to 250 prospects
- Makes personal calls to donors on a consistent basis to ensure a growing base of support for major as well as planned gifts
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Assists the Advancement Division with special projects and programs
Represents the College at a variety of community events to promote advancement programs
Performs other related duties as assigned
Assistant Director of Philanthropy
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Five (5) years demonstrated successful fundraising experience through personal gift solicitation or comparable experience in a related field.
Strong organizational and interpersonal skills as well as an ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to establish priorities, set objectives, and achieve stated goals
Must have computer skills that include word processing, spreadsheets, email, and database applications
Must be available for night and weekend hours as needed
Experience with a selective, residential, Liberal Arts college.
Candidates are invited to visit the College's website at www.centenary.edu/jobs.
Centenary College of Louisiana is a selective, residential, national liberal arts college affiliated with the United Methodist Church. Founded in 1825, it is the oldest chartered liberal arts college west of the Mississippi river and is a member of the Associated Colleges of the South.
Centenary recognizes that diversity is essential to its goal of providing an educational environment where students explore the unfamiliar, invent new approaches to understanding, and connect their work and lives to the world at large. We thus welcome applicants who would add to the College's diversity of ideas, beliefs, experiences, and cultural backgrounds. EOE
How To Apply
It’s easy, fast, and FREE to manage your job search on Vitae.
- Organize all the documents needed to apply for this position in Vitae’s FREE dossier service
- Request letters of recommendation, provide references, and submit applications directly from Vitae
- Manage your job search, whether as a teaching assistant, a tenure-track professor, or a top administrator
To apply without using Vitae
Send all required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Already have a Vitae account?
Sign in below to start a new application for this job.