|Deadline||March 15, 2014|
|Date Posted||February 14, 2014|
|Type||Tenured, tenure track|
Instructional Design Librarian
California State University Fullerton Pollak Library is seeking an energetic librarian with a background in instructional design who is creative, technologically adept and service oriented.
The Library contains 1.3 million books, government documents, and audiovisual materials; over 50,000 periodicals available electronically or in print; and 200 electronic databases. The staff includes 20 FTE librarians and 35 FTE paraprofessionals. The Librarys Web site (http://www.library.fullerton.edu) is a vital component of the Librarys extensive instruction program and serves as a gateway to resources.
The Instructional Design Librarian will work in close collaboration with librarians and discipline faculty to develop online and in-person instructional programs and materials. Working collaboratively, this librarian will employ expertise in learning theory, pedagogy, and assessment to support the library instruction program. The Instructional Design Librarian will participate in the librarys extensive instruction program by planning, teaching and assessing faculty requested library instruction sessions. This librarian will work with colleagues in the librarys Instruction & Information Services Unit and the Library Systems Department to develop online and in-person learning materials. Additionally, the candidate will provide reference assistance, both in person and virtually. The candidate will serve on department, library, and campus committees. This is a tenure track position, and this librarian will be expected to meet promotion and tenure requirements, including taking part in scholarly and professional activities.
The successful candidate will:
- Provide collaborative leadership in the planning, development, evaluation, and assessment of learning materials in a variety of formats.
- Provide general and subject specific library instruction.
- Serve as a subject liaison to a variety of academic departments.
- Design formative and summative assessment tools for both instructional and peer-to-peer evaluation.
- Coordinate with departments across campus to develop assignment-specific library instruction strategies.
- Collaborate with instruction and systems librarians to increase the librarys online presence through the development and deployment of digital learning objects.
- Develop and integrate information competency elements into the librarys instruction program.
- Masters degree in library and/or information science from an ALA- accredited institution or equivalent institution by the time of appointment.
- Degree or Certificate in Instructional Design or demonstrated experience designing effective instructional experiences for in-person and online learners.
- Strong leadership and project management skills and the ability to work both independently and collegially in an exciting, demanding and rapidly changing environment.
- Evidence of interest in professional and scholarly activities.
- Well-developed analytical, organizational and communications skills (oral, written, and interpersonal).
- Ability and willingness to work in a team environment and on projects with other units of the library.
- Developing reusable learning objects in response to specific needs.
- Ability to interact effectively in a multicultural environment with co-workers, library users, discipline faculty, and the wider campus community.
- Experience working in an academic library.
- Instructional experience in an academic context.
- Experience with course management software and emerging technologies in higher education, including their instructional applications.
- Familiarity with web accessibility standards for persons with disabilities.
Rank & Salary
The position will be at the rank of Senior Assistant Librarian, tenure-track. Salary range will be from $57,060 to $62,766, commensurate with rank, experience and qualifications. Excellent comprehensive benefits are available and include health/vision/dental plans, optional 10/12 month work year; defined benefit retirement through the state system, along with optional tax-sheltering opportunities; spouse/domestic partner/dependent fee-waiver as well as access to campus child-care. For a detailed description of benefits, go to http://hr.fullerton.edu/documents/benefits/Faculty_Unit_3.pdf
June 1, 2014
A complete on-line application/resume must be received by electronic submission in order to receive consideration. To apply, go to: http://fullerton.edu/jobs, click on Faculty Opportunities, then click on Search to view all job listings or type in 6671BR in the AutoReqId section to bring up the position to submit and upload the following materials with your application:
- Letter of application
- Curriculum vitae
- List of 3 current references including names, addresses, and phone numbers
For full consideration, all application materials should be received by March 15, 2014. Position will remain open until filled.
Multiple positions may be hired from this position based on the strength of the applicant pool.
The person holding this position is considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Cal State Fullerton is an Equal Opportunity/
Title IX/503/504/VEVRA/ADA Employer
Achieving A Climate of Success Through Diversity & Inclusion
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://fullerton.edu/jobs