Vice Provost for Graduate, Professional, and Continuing Education
The College of New Jersey in New Jersey
|Deadline||March 28, 2014|
|Date Posted||February 13, 2014|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
On behalf of the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs, members of the search committee invite applications for the position of Vice Provost, Graduate, Professional, and Continuing Education.
The College of New Jersey is a highly selective public residential college that focuses on the undergraduate experience. The College is comprised of seven schools: the Arts & Communication; Business; Humanities and Social Sciences; Education; Engineering; Nursing, Health, & Exercise Science; and Science. We offer more than 50 liberal arts and professional programs.
The College of New Jersey has become an exemplar of the best in public higher education and is consistently acknowledged as one of the top comprehensive colleges in the nation. The College is currently ranked as one of the 75 Most Competitive schools in the nation by Barrons Profiles of American Colleges and is rated the No. 1 public institution in the northern region of the country by U.S. News & World Report. TCNJ was named the #10 value in public higher education by the Princeton Review in 2009 and, in 2006, was awarded a Phi Beta Kappa chapter—an honor shared by less than 10 percent of colleges and universities nationally.
Visionary. Entrepreneurial. Innovative. These are the words that describe the successful candidate. We are looking for a visionary leader to work with the faculty and deans to create new programs in graduate, professional, and continuing education. The ideal candidate will be an entrepreneurial leader who is capable of positioning TCNJ to take advantage of the significant changes in the higher education environment, including technology-mediated alternate delivery and pedagogical models. He/she will have experience in developing innovative short term/long term and degree/non-degree programs for adults.
The successful candidate will work with TCNJ to strengthen, differentiate, and administer flexible and market sensitive programs for working adults, including an undergraduate degree completion program. This portfolio includes building more robust summer and January offerings for traditional undergraduates. The successful candidate reports directly to the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs with an anticipated start date for July 2014.
The qualifications for this position are:
- Exceptionally strong communication skills (verbal, written, interpersonal) and the ability to quickly establish and maintain strong rapport at all levels of the College in order to collaborate effectively and to build partnerships inside and outside of the College.
- An earned doctorate or terminal degree.
- Prior administrative experience at the level of associate provost, dean, department chair or major program director.
- Experience in program development and expansion, demonstrated entrepreneurial skills, and significant experience with graduate education, online programs and summer programs.
- Experience communicating effectively with both internal and external constituencies.
- Skills and experience in strategic planning, fiscal planning, and resource management.
- Demonstrated organization and planning skills (strategic, short- and long-term); strong follow-up and follow-through skills to ensure completion of strategic plans, goals, and objectives.
Confidential review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the candidate is selected. To be ensured full consideration, please forward a letter of interest and curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, March 28th.
TCNJ faculty and staff enjoy a competitive salary commensurate with education and experience. They also enjoy a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental and prescription, as well as a general sick and vacation leave. Final offer of employment will be contingent upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
The College of New Jersey is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and seeks candidates committed to the highest standards of scholarship and professional activities and to a campus climate that supports equality and diversity.
How To Apply
It’s easy, fast, and FREE to manage your job search on Vitae.
- Organize all the documents needed to apply for this position in Vitae’s FREE dossier service
- Request letters of recommendation, provide references, and submit applications directly from Vitae
- Manage your job search, whether as a teaching assistant, a tenure-track professor, or a top administrator
To apply without using Vitae
Send all required documents to email@example.com
Already have a Vitae account?
Sign in below to start a new application for this job.