Executive Director, Center for Faculty Engagement/Development
University of Houston in Texas
|Date Posted||February 12, 2014|
The University of Houston in Houston, TX, is currently seeking an Executive Director, Center for Faculty Engagement/Development to serve as the senior administrator for the Center for Faculty Engagement and Development (FED). This Executive will direct all major functions including development and leadership of programs and projects according to both short-term and long term strategic plans.
- Collaborates with stakeholders and advisory teams to establish and implement a multi-year, multi-function strategic plan for FED. Designs, conducts and analyzes an annual needs assessment of Faculty related to training, development and engagement.
- Develops and directs programs, projects and offerings aimed at engaging and developing Faculty expertise in teaching, research, service and leadership.
- Oversees the development and implementation of all components necessary for sponsoring programs, projects, and events for Faculty development and engagement.
- Develops interdisciplinary collaboration and partnerships within Deans, Chairs, Departments and Faculty.
- Anticipates and establishes FED objectives, policies and procedures to facilitate programs and courses.
- Oversees the operational, financial and managerial activities of FED, which includes supervision of its professional and support staff.
- Establishes the curriculum and directs the instruction involved in FED activities.
- Supervises and coordinates the qualitative and quantitative assessment and evaluation of FEDs courses, programs, workshops and initiatives; identifies and analyzes trends within FEDs scope.
- Explores and advances funding opportunities with the public and private sector.
- Promotes FEDs programs within the UH community and Greater Houston.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
- Requires a PhD or terminal degree or equivalent formal training in a recognized field of specialization that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
- Requires a minimum of seven (7) years of directly job-related experience.
- Previous experience in leading faculty development programs is preferred.
- Accomplished in an academic discipline and previous experience in securing extramural funding are desirable.
For more information or to apply, please visit the University of Houston website at https://jobs.uh.edu/ and search for Job Posting #S002070. Please also submit a cover letter delineating the manner in which your work experience applies to the posting, a current resume, a completed UH application including salary history, and 3 work references.
The University of Houston is constantly seeking talented people to join our team and offers a competitive benefits package that includes: access to the state-of-the-art Campus Recreation and Wellness Center, on-campus Day Care Facilities, free employee medical coverage, on-campus Health Center, tuition scholarships and much more!
The University of Houston is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution. Minorities, women and veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at https://jobs.uh.edu/postings/20173