Senior Financial Analyst
University of Connecticut in Connecticut
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||February 11, 2014|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
Senior Financial Analyst
Office of the Associate Vice President of Finance and Budget
University of Connecticut
Under the general direction of the Associate Vice President of Finance and Budget and working closely with the Executive Vice President for Finance and Administration and Chief Financial Officer, the Senior Financial Analyst performs complex financial management/planning and analysis in accordance with sound fiscal practices and serves as a resource to provide broad-based financial support to the Division of Finance and Budget as well as units outside of the Division, including assisting with special financial and business-related studies and the development, implementation and evaluation of goals and objectives. The incumbent in this position will analyze financial information, including data used in the collective bargaining process, and prepare reports and presentations that require knowledge of the University and University policies and procedures and the preservation of confidentiality of the Administration.
- Masters degree, MBA or Certified Public Accounting (CPA) or similar certification.
- Ten (10) or more years of progressively responsible accounting/financial experience with a proven record of advanced financial planning skills.
- Financial accounting background with demonstrated competency in budget development, financial reporting and financial analysis.
- Must have the ability to analyze financial data and prepare for presentation.
- Demonstrated success in developing business models to achieve optimal operating performance and profitability
- Comprehensive knowledge of sound financial management practices and principles with proven ability to work independently in analyzing and resolving highly complex issues that have financial implications.
- Strong computation, computer, analysis and financial modeling skills.
- Experience in the use of technology and computer applications with the ability to quantify and illustrate complex comparisons, financial reports, impacts studies and/or sophisticated models.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including the ability to formulate questions and provide recommendations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management and university constituents and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ten or more years of government or university experience.
- Demonstrated use of methods and techniques to research work and analyses.
This is a full-time position. Salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
Please apply online using Husky Hire at http://jobs.uconn.edu and upload a cover letter, resume and a list of three professional references. Screening of applications will begin immediately. Employment of the successful candidate will be contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check. UConn is an EEO/AA employer. (Search #2014454)
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://www.jobs.uconn.edu