|Date Posted||February 10, 2014|
The Dean of International Education is responsible for overseeing services and programs for international students, faculty, and staff; overseeing the development and operation of all faculty and student study abroad and exchange programs; developing international off-campus programs and branch campuses; identifying and developing partnerships with foreign institutions for the primary purpose of foreign student recruitment; advising the deans and/or directors of international satellite campuses and programs in establishing and maintaining relationships with foreign educational institutions, governments, partners, agents and interested parties; exploring and identifying other international opportunities benefiting Utica College and evaluating foreign transcripts; helping to solve problems/issues and providing advice involving international students for deans, faculty and staff; serving as an advocate for international students.
• Evaluate foreign student transcripts for admission and credit transfer decisions
• Assist international students, faculty, and administrators on immigration regulations and procedures
• Oversee advising and approve final registration of all international students
• Work closely with administration and faculty to enhance retention of international students
• Coordinate the development of international partnerships, extended campuses, and joint degree programs, etc.
• Develop and maintain articulation agreements with foreign institutions for exchange and recruitment purposes
• Work with international deans/directors in consultation with faculty and administration on the UC campus to develop appropriate curricula
International Education Office:
• Supervise the International Education Office in its provision of services to international students on the UC campus
• Encourage a global focus at Utica College by promoting study abroad programs and encouraging U.S. students to have an international experience; and by integrating the international students into the general student population
• Develop annual International Education budget
• Analyze the cost effectiveness of programs and initiatives, i.e. student exchange agreements, use of country-specific agents, recruitment plans, etc.
• Seek grants, etc. to support international programs for the College
• Develop a fund in support of international students of promise who have a financial need
• Seek creative ways to solve academic, financial or other problems for international students to ensure a positive UC experience
• In consultation with Deans, match academic programs with specific partnership institutions to better promote study abroad programs
• Coordinate an advisory board to provide input and feedback to the Office of International Education
• Communicate new and changing immigration laws and regulations and all pertinent information related to foreign nationals
• Assist in the hiring of deans, directors, faculty and staff for international satellite campuses and programs
• Represent and promote Utica College in foreign countries of interest
• Represent the College, as appropriate, at professional conferences, symposia, and workshops devoted to international student and scholar issues
• Serve on the Provost’s Cabinet
Director of International Programs, Coordinator of the Office of International Education, and Work-Study students
Minimum Education Requirements
Ph.D. or doctoral level degree preferred. Commensurate experience will be considered.
Minimum Experience Qualifications
Experience working with international students and faculty. Ability to think creatively to solve problems that arise. Strong intercultural and organizational skills with the ability to advise and counsel international students, scholars, and faculty. Flexibility in adjusting to unusual situations and hours of work, with a willingness to devote time on weekends, breaks, and/or evenings. Meticulous attention to detail and unquestionable confidentiality. Maintain a valid US passport.
Cross-cultural program experience, competency in a foreign language, experience living, traveling abroad desired. Experience in evaluating the academic integrity of foreign institutions and specifically evaluating foreign transcripts for consideration of admission to the College and for the transfer of course credits to the College desired. Ability to assess the academic scope and integrity of foreign institutions. Familiarity with study abroad programs desirable. A broad range of cultural sensitivities and the ability to negotiate and write contracts and agreements with foreign institutions and foreign government representatives.
Excellent oral and written communication skills required. Ability to work efficiently and independently.
Proficiency with word processing, database management, and email applications needed.
Utica College is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity and the diversity of its workforce.
Utica College considers applicants for all positions on the basis of ability, potential, and valid qualification without regard to race, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, predisposing genetic characteristics, domestic violence victim status, veteran status, or any other protected by applicable law to the extent prohibited by the law.
An employee must work 30 hours per week or more to be considered benefits eligible.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://www.Click2Apply.net/yvxqn3c