|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||February 10, 2014|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
Salary: The Residence Hall Director is a full-time, 12 month administrative position. Starting salary range is $33,032-$38,480, with comprehensive benefits package including retirement plan, health and dental insurance, tuition waiver, professional development funds, and a furnished apartment with reserved parking.
Date of Appointment: July 1, 2014
The Residence Hall Director (RHD) serves an important leadership role in facilitating community development within a residential living environment and fulfilling the Department of Residential Life mission. Department information can be found at: http://www.stcloudstate.edu/reslife.
Responsibilities include: supervision and training of undergraduate and graduate staff, administrative functions within the hall and department, managing financial budgets including payroll, implementation of educational initiatives and programs, advising residence hall community council, coordination of hall discipline, serve as a resource to students, respond to emergencies and student issues, and provide leadership within the department and division.
- Bachelors degree and a minimum of two years of progressively responsible residence hall experience.
- This is a live-in position; successful candidates must live on campus in the residence hall they supervise.
- Evidence of organization, administrative and supervisory skills is also required
- Evidence of excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Evidence of ability to work with persons from culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Masters degree in College Student Personnel or a related field.
- Evidence of having lived and worked in a developmental community with diverse groups and individuals is highly desired
- Preference will be given to applicants with prior live-in residence life and residence life leadership experience.
- Preference will also be given to applicants demonstrating a working knowledge of student development and a commitment to social justice.
To apply for this position, please continue the process via this website or directly at: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/stcloudstate/default.cfm.
Application review begins March 10, 2014; position is open until filled.
Only complete applications will be considered. A complete application will include the following:
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Contact information for three (3) current, professional references
- Copies of official Transcript(s) (undergraduate/graduate)
Kasie Weina, Search Committee Chair, Residence Hall Director search
Phone: (320) 308-3830
*Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Minnesota State University Association of Administrative Service Faculty (MSUAASF) which can be found at: http://www.hr.mnscu.edu/contract_plans/index.html
Student Life and Development seeks to create an inclusive and supportive environment for all students. Candidates who feel they can contribute meaningfully to this effort are encouraged to apply. SCSU is committed to excellence and actively supports cultural diversity. To promote this endeavor, we invite individuals who contribute to such diversity to apply, including minorities, women, LGBT, and persons with disabilities. SCSU is a member ofMinnesotaStateCollegesand Universities System.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/stcloudstate/default.cfm