|Date Posted||February 6, 2014|
Princeton University's Andlinger Center for Energy and the Environment (ACEE) is an interdisciplinary research center that has more than 100 collaborating faculty who are associated with more than 40 schools, departments, centers, and programs. The Associate Director for Administration (ADA) works closely with the Director and faculty Associate Directors to execute policy and strategic direction for the operation of the Center and participates in short and long-term planning for Center operations and activities. The Director establishes the academic and intellectual direction of the Center, and the ADA provides leadership for the implementation of the Director's vision. S/he ensures the smooth and effective administrative operations of the Center, including through the writing and editing of memoranda, reports, policies, and best practices. The ADA represents the ACEE within the University by building effective relationships with campus partners, and helps manage ACEE's relationship with external advisors, potential donors, partnering institutions, and other stakeholders.
The ADA reports directly to the Director, with a secondary reporting relationship to the Director of Academic Management in the Office of the Provost.
Important aspects of the ADA's responsibilities are financial management, staff supervision, academic management, and facilities management. The ADA ensures that all internal deadlines are met and that the Center is compliant with all internal guidelines and external regulations. In 2015, the ACEE will relocate to a new 129,000 gsf building. The ADA is responsible for the planning, relocation, and operations of/for the future occupants and facilities in partnership with other resident units. In addition, the ADA ensures that ACEE standards and practices are applied across all communications platforms.
The Andlinger Center seeks a professional experienced in the research environment with the ability to be diplomatic, build consensus, and utilize discretion. S/he should have broad management competencies (e.g., budgetary and financial, supervisory, administrative), excellent written and verbal communication skills, and take pleasure in creating an environment that encourages others to succeed.
The position requires
- a Bachelor's degree
- 5-7 years experience in an administrative position that includes supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated experience in budget management and oversight of financial operations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Advanced project management and organizational skills
- The ability to manage multiple priorities and competing deadlines
- Ability to anticipate and initiate appropriate action in support of the leadership team and faculty
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Demonstrated leadership, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Proficiency in desktop computing tools and software, including, MS Office, especially advanced PowerPoint and Excel skills.
-Advanced degree preferred.
-Prior experience with facility management or renovations.
The final candidate for the position must successfully complete a background check.
Finalists will be required to submit a professional writing sample.
Please apply for the position here https://jobs.princeton.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=64741
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://www.Click2Apply.net/xc24j9h