John Jay College of Criminal Justice in New York
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||February 5, 2014|
John Jay College of Criminal Justice of The City University of New York welcomes your application for the position of Instructional Designer. The instructional designer will collaborate with instructors and other team members on course development projects for the Colleges online degree and certificate programs, with options for working remotely.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts and other course development team members to design, develop, evaluate, and refine online courses
- Use project management tools to effectively organize and manage course development and video production projects
- Contribute to the development and refinement of instructional design procedures and workflows for online course development
- Ensure the application of appropriate guidelines to course development projects in areas such as outcome assessment, assistive technologies, accessibility, and copyright issues
- Contribute to the development of a comprehensive online course development program for instructors interested in online teaching
Bachelor's Degree and three years of relevant work experience required.
- Master's degree in instructional design, instructional technology, curriculum and instruction, or other relevant discipline areas
- Teaching experience at the college or university level
- Demonstrated ability to manage instructional design projects, regularly collaborate with others in a team environment, and work independently on assigned duties with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated proficiency with project management tools such as MS Project and Basecamp
- Familiarity with outcome assessments, assistive technologies, accessibility guidelines, and copyright law preferred
- Working knowledge of the Quality Matters rubric
- Outstanding organization, communication, and interpersonal skills
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position (or ask a question), email firstname.lastname@example.org. Include a résumé and cover letter explaining qualifications and experience, as well as contact info for three references.
How To Apply
It’s easy, fast, and FREE to manage your job search on Vitae.
- Organize all the documents needed to apply for this position in Vitae’s FREE dossier service
- Request letters of recommendation, provide references, and submit applications directly from Vitae
- Manage your job search, whether as a teaching assistant, a tenure-track professor, or a top administrator
To apply without using Vitae
Send all required documents to email@example.com
Already have a Vitae account?
Sign in below to start a new application for this job.