|Deadline||March 05, 2014|
|Date Posted||February 5, 2014|
This IT Expert position is under the supervision of the Assistant Director of Web Services for the UF Academic Health Center, the incumbent works on a team of web designers, web content experts, web developers, and web support specialists to develop innovative and captivating websites at the University of Florida Academic Health Center (UF AHC). This incumbent will be responsible for designing and developing modern and highly-usable website templates and front-ends for website applications (for both intranet and public usage), taking a mobile first approach by designing websites that are responsive, low-bandwidth, meet business needs, and are visually appealing across a variety of devices. The incumbent researches new website technologies for improvements in usability and performance, ensuring UF AHC websites are leveraging modern and tested website solutions. Works within existing AHC web design policy standards, and works with the appropriate members of the AHC community to help expand and enhance those standards. The incumbent creates and maintains positive and professional interactions with technical and non-technical team members, end users, and AHC executives. Tracks time and effort and prepare status reports for progress reporting. The incumbent maintains a web portfolio demonstrating the abilities required to perform the functions described above.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
1. Development, Prototyping, and Implementing: Develops and programs templates per UF AHC web standards. Develops prototype sites to aid in the user engagement process. Implements sites in a production environment. Supports the organizations strategies and goals relative to internal and external communications.
2. Analysis and Design: Develops functional and visual design specifications from users requirements and needs. Creates multiple website design concepts and evaluates the best fit. Contributes to the design groups efforts to enhance the appeal of the organizations online presence.
3. Continuous Improvement: Researches the web design field for new technologies that improve site usability and/or productivity in developing web and/or maintaining websites. Regularly reviews high-quality websites of other organizations and critically evaluates UF AHC standards against them. Regularly reviews websites of UF AHC peers and competitors, and critically evaluates UF AHC standards against them. Maintains knowledge of current web based technologies. Regularly reviews important site use metrics and produce meaningful reports that speak to a business problem or opportunity.
A high school diploma and four years of any combination of relevant experience, education and/or certification. The level of expertise and skill required to qualify for a position in this classification is generally attained through combinations of education and experience in the field. While such employees commonly have a bachelors or higher degree, no particular academic degree is required.
1. Three years experience designing and implementing templates in WordPress and/or Drupal and websites in-general. The level of expertise and skill required to qualify for a position in this classification is generally attained through combinations of education and experience in the field. While such employees commonly have a bachelors or higher degree, no particular academic degree is required, provided sufficient relevant experience has been acquired.
2. Bachelors degree in an information science related field, plus three years of web design experience. The preferred candidate will have developed templates and designed websites in WordPress or Drupal. The preferred candidate has developed web sites in the field of healthcare research.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://jobs.ufl.edu/postings/46444