Executive Director - The University Shared Services Enterprise
Oregon State University in Oregon
|Date Posted||February 10, 2014|
THE UNIVERSITY SHARED SERVICES ENTERPRISE
Nominations and applications are being accepted currently for the position of Executive Director of The University Shared Services Enterprise serving the seven public universities in the State of Oregon.
The Executive Director oversees the processes, systems, functional units' integration and operations that are established to create efficiencies for participating institutions. USSE services are intended to be a competitive alternative to outsourcing and internal administration, based on collaboration with existing functional units of the universities and a pro-active customer service approach in providing professional services. A key goal is that the USSE operate with a profit and loss third-party mindset that entails developing the concept of input from various constituents, and then developing a value proposition and service delivery methods that are compelling and worthy of choice. The Executive Director is an employee of either Portland State University or Oregon State University (depending on locational preference) and reports to the chair of the Shared Services Oversight Committee that is comprised of the seven public university presidents or their designees.
See the following link for the complete position description: http://www.storbeckpimentel.com/pd/OSU/USSE_PD.pdf
* Minimum: Bachelor's Degree in finance, accounting or related business field. If Bachelor's Degree is in an unrelated field, must have 10 years' experience in senior-level financial or operations role within large multi-division organization.
* Preferred: Advanced degree in finance, public/business administration or law, CPA, CFA, CMA, JD
* At least seven (7) years of senior level operations and/or financial experience, including:
* Successful leadership of shared services center for customer-facing business operations with P&L responsibility for improving and/or sustaining profitable performance
* Managing functional teams of up to 10 employees, in a shared services center comprised of 50 or fewer assigned employees and external partners
* Oversight of policy related to key financial activities including budget management, chart of accounts management, cost accounting, treasury/internal bank, forecasting, internal audit/controls, tax, and product/service pricing
* Successful management of operational budgets in excess of $19.3M million.
* Five (5) years direct supervisory experience of senior management and professional-level employees
* Consulting with and advising at the board and president levels
Leadership and Knowledge
* Knowledge in a second functional area of shared services, such as risk management, benefits, labor relations, or information technology.
* Working with a distributed shared service center, including workforce planning concepts and tactics to connect internal and external workforce plans for insight into short- and long-term alignment of USSC and existing university-based skills.
* Business communications, spoken and written
* Strong business acumen
This is a critical, security-sensitive position under OAR 580-023-0111(5) and requires a fitness for duty determination that includes a criminal history background check.
HOW TO APPLY
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled. For fullest consideration, submit written application materials no later than March 15, 2014. Applications must include a letter of interest, current resume and contact information for five current references, including each reference's name, title, address, telephone number, and electronic mail address.
Inquiries, nominations, and applications are confidential and should be directed to our search firm:
Sharon Tanabe, Partner
1111 Corporate Center Drive, Suite 106 Monterey Park, CA 91754
Electronic submissions are preferred
Please submit to: email@example.com CODE: OSU-USSE
OSU is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.