Colorado State University in Colorado
|Deadline||February 17, 2014|
|Date Posted||February 3, 2014|
The Executive Chef position is responsible for assisting the Senior Executive Chef and the Production Chef Managers in the dining centers during day to day operations, special theme events, and catering. The Executive Chef will be responsible for assisting in the creation of progressive menus for special events and cycle menus with a heavy emphasis on recipe creating, and testing. Recipe writing and testing will be a large part of this position. The training of part-time, full-time and supervisory personnel on food preparation, technique, and presentation will be an ongoing responsibility of this position.
Housing & Dining Services is the largest department on the Colorado State campus with over 400 full-time staff and over 1,000 hourly and student staff members. More than 6,000 students live in campus housing. Located an hour north of the Denver metro area, Fort Collins is a culturally vibrant and progressive community of 137,000. The city is sited on the Front Range of the Rocky Mountain foothills with views of 14,000 foot peaks, and offers easy access to numerous outdoor opportunities.
- Associates Degree from an accredited culinary arts institution.
- Three years of experience working in large volume food service setting.
- Experience with menu and recipe development for a food service operation with multiple venues.
- Experience testing food products based upon operational needs.
- Three years progressive leadership skills.
- Possess computer skills in regards to menu/inventory management applications and systems.
- College/university food service experience.
- Experience cooking diverse cuisines for various styles of service.
- Experience with catering, All You Care to Eat, special event, and retail menus.
- Working knowledge of HACCP and ServSafe or other comparable food safety program.
- Involvement in the creation and implementation with nutritious and diet specific menus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and relevant ability with, culturally diverse communities among potential target and constituent populations.
View the full job description: http://housing.colostate.edu/jobs
To apply: Submit electronically (Word or PDF format) a cover letter and a resume addressing all job requirements to Hannah Penland at email@example.com by Monday, February 17, 2014 by 8:00am MST. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. (Final candidates will be required to give the name, address and telephone number of three references.) If you have questions about the position or search process please contact Brittney Stuard at Brittney.firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-491-4714.
How To Apply
It’s easy, fast, and FREE to manage your job search on Vitae.
- Organize all the documents needed to apply for this position in Vitae’s FREE dossier service
- Request letters of recommendation, provide references, and submit applications directly from Vitae
- Manage your job search, whether as a teaching assistant, a tenure-track professor, or a top administrator
To apply without using Vitae
Send all required documents to email@example.com
Already have a Vitae account?
Sign in below to start a new application for this job.