NTID Director of Alumni and Constituent Relations
Rochester Institute of Technology in New York
|Date Posted||January 31, 2014|
NTID Director of Alumni and Constituent Relations
National Technical Institute for the Deaf
NTID Alumni Relations
Staff Job Function
Development and Alumni Relations
The NTID Director of Alumni and Constituent Relations is responsible for developing and managing a constituent relations program, with focus on the alumni community, managing all activities, volunteers, communications, and liaising with college faculty, staff, students, parents and other friends of the institute. Additionally, the Director will expand the leadership giving program at NTID, working to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward NTID donors and donor prospects for gifts to the Institute of $1,000 to $50,000.
The NTID Office of the President operates in a team-oriented environment and works to maximize fundraising and alumni involvement in the life of the university.
Detailed Job Description
• Working closely with the Office of the President, Senior Director of Development & Alumni Relations, staff and faculty, the Director of Alumni and Constituent Relations develops engagement and solicitation strategies for alumni, students, parents, faculty, staff and other friends of the Institute.
• The Director is responsible for the development of a comprehensive national leadership giving plan with specifications for visits, qualifications, and asks, as well as a plan for acquiring new donors and retaining current donors.
• Identifies prospective donors through frontline alumni relations activities. Qualifies prospects (through personal visits), completes contact reports and systematically supplies information to the development and research offices.
• In cooperation with the Senior Director of Development & Alumni Relations, manages development-focused, college-based events and participates in other development activities as appropriate.
• Serves as liaison between the Director of Donor Stewardship and the college scholarship representative for disclosure of college-based scholarship recipients.
• Plans and implements strategies for engaging constituents through social and professional development events and other activities, both campus-based and in targeted regions.
• Works closely with the RIT Senior Director of College of Alumni Relations to ensure NTID based alumni activities/initiatives align with the goals and objectives established by the central Alumni Relations office. Participates in College Alumni Relations activities as appropriate.
• Participates in all aspects of Institute-wide programming and operations (e.g. Brick City Homecoming, Imagine RIT Festival, Commencement, etc.).
• Recruits and engages alumni for meaningful involvement in: fundraising activities, College advisory boards, alumni relations, admissions, cooperative education and career services, and student interaction.
• Manages and engages the NTID Alumni Association Board of Directors in programs, activities and fundraising initiatives that support institute priorities as identified by the President of NTID.
• In conjunction with the NTID Department of Marketing Communications, develops, updates, and maintains college-based web pages and other social media forums for alumni, and produces the NTID alumni electronic newsletter.
Required Minimum Qualifications
• Required Skills: Bachelor’s degree; Master’s preferred
• Excellent writing skills
• Five to seven years experience in institutional Advancement or marketing, event planning, Volunteer management, or higher education administration
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong time-management skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office
• Commitment to RIT’s mission
• ASL skills & knowledge of deaf culture required
Required Minimum Education Level BS
• Experience with Advance software or other CRM database
• High energy, creativity and flexibility
Preferred Education Level
Required Application Documents
Curriculum Vitae or Resume
List of References
The hiring process for this position may require a criminal background check and/or motor vehicle records check. Any verbal or written offer made is contingent on satisfactory results, as determined by Human Resources.
To apply, please visit: https://sjobs.brassring.com/tgwebhost/jobdetails.aspx?jobId=937649&PartnerId=25483&SiteId=5289&type=mail&JobReqLang=1&recordstart=1&JobSiteId=5289&JobSiteInfo=937649_5289&gqid=461
RIT does not discriminate. RIT promotes and values diversity, pluralism and inclusion in the work place. RIT provides equal opportunity to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, age, marital status, sex, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, veteran status or disability in its hiring, admissions, educational programs and activities.
RIT provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities, veterans or wounded warriors where appropriate. If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please contact the Human Resources office at 585-475-2424 or email your request to Careers@rit.edu. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Copyright ©2013 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://apptrkr.com/433609