Associate Director of the North Dakota Agricultural Experiment Station (NDAES)
North Dakota State University in North Dakota
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||January 30, 2014|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
North Dakota State University invites inquiries, nominations and applications for the position of Associate Director of the North Dakota Agricultural Experiment Station (NDAES). The Associate Director is responsible for coordinating research programs for the North Dakota Agricultural Experiment Station (NDAES). The Associate Director will work as an integral member of the NDSU Agricultural Affairs Administrative team, and will help lead the development of long-term strategies to enhance the NDAES Research programs. This regular, twelve-month, full-time administrative appointment reports to the Vice President, Dean and Director.
- An earned doctorate in an agricultural related field from an accredited institution;
- Academic credentials to merit the rank of a tenured, full professor;
- Leadership experience in administering research programs in an area related to the mission of the NDAES;
- In-depth understanding and contemporary vision of the land-grant mission;
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to work effectively and collegially in a team setting and collaborate with others;
- Demonstrated commitment to the promotion of equal opportunity, diversity and affirmative action;
- Demonstrated ability to work with a wide variety of constituents and stakeholders.
- Outstanding record of professional achievement in research, including publications and grantsmanship;
- Demonstrated ability to delegate authority and responsibility;
- Demonstrated knowledge of technology and global issues related to Agricultural Experiment Station research and ND Agriculture;
- Demonstrated leadership at a regional or national level.
- Participate as a twelve (12) month, full-time administrator and as an integral member of the Vice President of Agricultural Affairs Administrative team;
- Provide leadership for research program direction and priority needs for the NDAES developed in concert with the Vice President for Agricultural Affairs; Director of the NDAES; Directors of the North Dakota State University (NDSU) Research and Extension Centers; Dean of the College of Agriculture, Food Systems, and Natural Resources; Director of the NDSU Extension Service; State Board of Agricultural Research and Education (SBARE); NDSU Ag Budget Office; NDSU administrators, faculty and staff; and other stakeholders;
- Actively engage with other NDSU and North Dakota research communities, forming relationships that strengthen the NDAES programming through effective dialogue and connectivity;
- Seek and inform NDAES faculty and staff of grant opportunities and needs;
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with North Dakota commodity groups, industry, and other stakeholders;
- Provide leadership and oversight for the Hatch, National Information Management and Support System (NIMSS), and State research projects associated with the NDAES;
- Review and approve Commodity Grant Proposals and Special Research Agreements;
- Provide administrative support to the seven Research Extension Centers (REC) in North Dakota concerning research programs, center director relationships, and provide assistance to the Director in identifying land issues and capital construction project needs;
- Work with the NDAES Assistant Director to coordinate REC meetings;
- Work with Agricultural Affairs and other campus units to develop and maintain mentoring/training program for NDAES faculty and staff;
- Assist the NDAES Public Information Officer and Administrative Assistants to the NDAES Director and Associate Director in maintenance and update of the NDAES web site and social media;
- Ensure that NDAES technology transfer policies are in compliance with NDSU policies and ensure accuracy of content;
- Serve as direct supervisor for the Administrative Assistant to the NDAES Associate Director; and
- Participate in meetings of the North Central Regional Association of State Agriculture Experiment Station Directors at the request of the NDAES Director.
Screening will begin March 17, 2014 and continue until a successful candidate is selected. Applications are accepted online only at https://jobs.ndsu.edu/.
NDSU is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at https://jobs.ndsu.edu/postings/4509