Associate Director of Admissions, Recruitment (214UC7261)
University of Cincinnati in Ohio
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||January 29, 2014|
The University of Cincinnati seeks applicants for the position of Associate Director of Admissions, Recruitment. This position reports to the Director of Admissions, Recruitment and will be housed on the Uptown Campus, located in Cincinnatis Clifton Heights neighborhood.
In collaboration with the Director and other team members, responsibilities of the position include:
- Develop and implement strategies to recruit and yield students consistent with established goals of the university.
- Oversee the general recruitment efforts for domestic freshman.
- Supervise 6 8 professional staff members.
- Advise and maintain liaison with colleagues, departments, and committees that focus on the recruitment and yield of freshman and, possibly, transfer students.
- Oversee data compilation and analysis related to student recruitment and yield.
- Interpret and apply university policies, procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Evaluate academic records of applicants to determine admissibility.
- Represent the university at college fairs, high school visits, and other recruitment and yield events.
- Ability and willingness to work some evenings/weekends and some overnight travel.
Minimum qualifications: Bachelor's degree with 7 years of experience OR associate's degree with 9 years of experience OR 11 years of experience. Degree must be in a related field. Experience must be in admissions or enrollment management and may require at least 3 years of staff supervision.
Preferred qualifications: Significant experience in collegiate recruitment of students, especially at a non-profit four-year institution. Additionally, the ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Confidence and ability to execute top-quality projects both independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to make creative, data-driven decisions.
- Motivation, coaching, and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong working knowledge of event planning and execution of campus visit programs.
- An understanding of professional development and how to guide team members appropriately.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- High energy, enthusiasm, and passion for the work.
- Commitment to a diverse applicant pool and student body and the ability to work with people from other backgrounds.
- Experience in the development of school counselor and community college counselor relationships.
How to Apply for position 214UC7261:
Submit UC application, including résumé and cover letter, online at www.jobsatuc.com.
The University of Cincinnati is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. UC is a smoke-free work environment.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://www.jobsatuc.com