|Date Posted||January 27, 2014|
DEAN OF RELIGIOUS LIFE
Stanford University seeks qualified candidates for the position of Dean of Religious Life.
The Dean of Religious Life at Stanford, reporting to the Provost, is the leader of religious affairs of the University. The Dean serves as one of the faces and voices of religious and spiritual life in university ceremonies, convocations, memorials, and celebrations that call for prayer and spiritual leadership. The Dean is responsible for meeting the needs of all faiths by encouraging a wide spectrum of religious traditions on campus, fostering discussion of values and ethical issues, determining what religious organizations receive university recognition and providing leadership for them. As the person responsible for Memorial Church, a non-denominational, non-sectarian church, the Dean is responsible for presiding at and providing for a variety of regular services to the congregation, outreach to students and to the wider university community, public service, and administration of the staff, budget, and facilities.
The position is open to candidates of all religious faiths.
The successful candidate will be one who:
• can help define and implement the role of the Dean of Religious Life in its broadest sense as part of the University
• has the capacity to nurture the spiritual life of all members of the university community across faiths and beliefs
• brings an understanding of public service and ethical issues and can foster discussion and participation in these issues
• has outstanding preaching and pastoral abilities, qualities of intellect and appropriate scholarly standing
• has demonstrated outstanding leadership and management abilities, including ability to hire, supervise, and develop others though a formal reporting relationship
• brings personal qualities of maturity, collegiality and stature to the university and in the field
Salary negotiable (University residence provided)
Nominations and inquiries are welcome and should be sent to:
Senior Assistant to the President and Co-Chair of the search committee
Stanford, CA 94305-2061
Please apply online: https://stanford.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=61767
Candidates must submit a letter of interest and a resume or CV no later than March 1, 2014.
Stanford University is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages individuals of all backgrounds and cultures to consider this leadership position. The School’s commitment to inclusivity encompasses, but is not limited to, diversity in nationality, ethnicity, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age and disability.
Copyright ©2013 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://apptrkr.com/432163