Senior Facilities Planner (Senior Project Architect)
University of North Texas in Texas
|Date Posted||January 24, 2014|
University of North Texas
Senior Facilities Planner (Senior Project Architect)
With a staff of 20 architects, interior designers and other construction and administrative professionals, this office provides professional planning and construction management for the campuses and System Administration for all major renovation and construction projects.
These responsibilities range from initial project development through programming, design, construction and commissioning. Working closely with the administration, faculty, staff and students, the System Facilities Planning and Construction Office implements the highest standards in design, particularly focusing on high-performance, efficient, and sustainable facilities.
The Senior Facilities Planner serves as the lead point of contact for capital projects and coordinates all day-to-day activities with campus representatives, local officials, and project design professionals.
This position is responsible for the management of capital projects greater than $2 million for major renovation projects and new construction for the campuses that comprise the University of North Texas System (UNTS). This owner's representative position includes all aspects of project management including consultant selection, technical design reviews, and construction administration. Work is performed under the supervision of the Director of System Architecture.
Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Manage and monitor project development to ensure meeting project goals, UNT System standards and compliance with applicable building and life safety codes and industry standards.
* Project Management including participation in consultant selections, planning, design, construction and closeout.
* Direct the selection and acquisition of furniture, fixture and equipment (FF&E) for assigned projects.
* Direct the coordination of client move services for assigned projects.
* Manage project scope, budget and schedule.
* Participate in the Request for Qualifications (RFQ) and Request for Proposals (RFP) processes for selection and approval of professional service providers and contractors including review and negotiation of proposals.
* Ensure effective communication and coordination among internal and external project committee members including stakeholders, clients and customers.
* Review, track and process project documentation.
* Coordinate project activities with college/university departments such as facilities maintenance, public safety, IT, risk management and administrators to ensure all parties are well informed and that work proceeds on schedule.
* Research, prepare and present reports and presentations as needed.
* Represent UNTS at local, regional and state agency meetings when directed.
* Ensure that campus-wide reviews are conducted at the end of each design phase and that a detailed technical review of final construction drawings and specifications is conducted within the time allotted by the approved schedule.
* Coordinate, supervise, and review work of professional service providers and contractors engaged to serve UNTS in the development of its physical facilities.
* Assist with the preparation of proposed assigned project budgets and maintain approved budgets through completion of the project.
* Perform other job related duties as required or assigned by the Director of System Architecture
Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Interior Design, or related field and five years of professional related experience; or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and training.
Licensed Architect or Interior Designer in the State of Texas.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are
* Strong project management skills
* Physical ability to access work areas which may be in confined spaces or elevated heights
* Ability to plan, design and prepare construction documents
* Ability to analyze construction documents and codes
* Knowledge of appropriate safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed
* Proficiency in specific software may be required
* Valid driver's license and ability to drive a vehicle, and maintain coverage under University auto insurance policy, if required to drive University vehicles
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Registered Architect strongly preferred.
* Master's Degree, preferably in Architecture or closely related field.
* Experience related to campus planning, design and construction.
* Knowledge of Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board relating to reporting and usage of physical facilities construction or renovation projects.
* LEED AP BD+C accreditation
* Knowledge of AutoCAD, Photoshop and/or Publisher
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume, a cover letter and a list of three professional references with their online application.
For more information and to apply, visit: https://jobs.unt.edu
UNT is an AA/EOE/ADA.
Copyright ©2013 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://apptrkr.com/431322