|Date Posted||January 21, 2014|
Provide programming and database support to the MIT's enterprise fund-raising system "Advance". Advance is comprised of Ellucian Advance Web software, an Oracle DBMS, and a variety of reporting internet and intranet systems. You will be a critical member of a collaborative, creative, and innovative development team that enjoys challenging projects. You will be exposed to a variety of database, reporting, web and mobile technologies.
- Lead a wide variety of projects, and collaborate with other departmental groups to address business needs in the areas of requirements analysis, project scope and scheduling, and the development of best in class software engineering practices.
- Develop, implement and maintain programming standards for the programming staff, including version control as well as a means to organize, store and retrieve development assets.
- Evaluate new tools and technology, and leverage new features of existing tools to address a variety of business needs (e.g. business intelligence (BI), reporting, data analytics and data visualization) by providing research and proof of concept prior to the adoption of new technology.
- Fulfill client information requests in a variety of ways, including writing new or modify existing SQL or PL/SQL queries; creating new or modifying online self-service reports; or provide counsel to users on how to use available self-service options. Approach problem resolution completely by not only addressing the issues at hand but also the underlying causes with an eye toward improved efficiency.
- Develop new or modify existing code objects for the client, for reporting or for a variety of batch processing.
- Troubleshoot a variety of reporting, database, batch processing and client issues.
- Provide testing and verification during system upgrades, which may require some weekend or evening work.
- Serve as a member of the Prospect Issues Group by providing technical counsel, programming support and/or project management services to a group of system stakeholders.
- Provide on-call support for assigned production system(s).
- Develop an understanding of development operations with a particular emphasis on prospect management and gift accounting.
- Keep abreast of new technologies and skills by attending classes and seminars.
- Maintain frequent contact with clients (throughout MIT), other team members, area managers and other departmental staff. Provide mentorship for junior IS staff with systems problems or questions. Work with outside information or software vendors.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology, Math or other similar disciplines or comparable professional experience required.
- 3+ years programming experience.
- 3+ years focused in-depth experience with Oracle or other DBMS
- 2+ years project management experience.
- 2+ years in fund-raising, market research and/or relevant experience very desirable.
- Experience with declarative, procedural or object oriented programming languages and paradigms e.g. SQL, PL/SQL, C++ or Java.
- Experience with Crystal Reports, Cognos or other enterprise reporting software.
- Experience with Datatel+SGHE Advance and AdvanceWeb very desirable.
- Knowledge of web technologies and tools e.g. HTML, XML, CSS, Apache.
- Knowledge of data mapping, mining and visualization every desirable.
- Knowledge of Unix and at least one scripting language (e.g., Perl).
- High degree of professionalism, discretion, confidentiality and commitment to quality.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities while meeting changing deadlines, adopt new technologies, and present information in a clear and cohesive manner.
To apply visit http://jobs.mit.edu and search job number 10591
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://jobs.mit.edu