Instructor or Lecturer in Science Education
School of Education, Boston University in Massachusetts
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||January 17, 2014|
|Type||Non tenure track|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
Instructor or Lecturer Position in Science Education
The School of Education at Boston University is seeking applicants for a full-time, one-year instructor or lecturer position in the science education program. The science education program provides initial pre-service teacher preparation at both the graduate and undergraduate levels as well as preparation for a doctoral degree.
As one of the nations leading institutions for education and research, BU has a rich legacy of serving both our internal community of students, faculty, and staff as well as greater Boston and the world community. By choosing to work at Boston University, you will become a part of that legacy, with the opportunity to take advantage of significant opportunities for educational, professional, personal, and cultural growth. No matter what your role, you will join the thousands of other BU employees who are working to improve the lives of the people they touch.
This one year Instructor or Lecturer position begins July 1, 2014. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
BU is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities and women.
Description of Responsibilities:
- Teach three to four courses related to science/engineering education per semester. Courses to be taught include, but are not limited to, science/engineering teaching methods, practicum and pre-practicum seminars, history and the nature of science
- Engage in professional development activities with in-service educators and/or pre-college students
- Contribute to program development, and student recruitment
- Assist with research projects
- Build positive relations with local schools, other departments at Boston University, the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, and professional organizations
- Contribute to the development and implementation of K-12 outreach in science/engineering
- Earned masters or doctorate degree in science or engineering education
- Demonstrated teaching excellence of science and/or engineering at the elementary, middle, or high school level
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills
- Ability to design and implement engaging evidence-based instruction
- Minimum three years of classroom science teaching or equivalent experience in K-12 science education
- Experience teaching at the college/university level
- Bachelors degree or research experience in science or engineering
Applicants should submit the following documents electronically to email@example.com:
- Cover letter explaining suitability for position
- Current curriculum vitae
- Three letters of reference, at least one of which must address the candidates effectiveness as an educator
- A sample of scholarly writing, such as a thesis, article, or curriculum module
- Unofficial copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts
Inquiries may be directed to the Chair of the Search Committee:
Dr. Don DeRosa
Review of applications will begin January 27, 2014 and continue until the position is filled.
Boston University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer.
How To Apply
It’s easy, fast, and FREE to manage your job search on Vitae.
- Organize all the documents needed to apply for this position in Vitae’s FREE dossier service
- Request letters of recommendation, provide references, and submit applications directly from Vitae
- Manage your job search, whether as a teaching assistant, a tenure-track professor, or a top administrator
To apply without using Vitae
Send all required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Already have a Vitae account?
Sign in below to start a new application for this job.