Associate Director, Alumni Relations Graduate School for Arts & Sciences (GSAS)
Columbia University in New York
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||January 16, 2014|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
Reporting to the Senior Director for Alumni Relations, the Associate Director maintains overall responsibility for providing program support, managing and leading school-based alumni relations programming, specifically targeting and geared towards the alumni community for the Graduate School of Arts & Sciences (GSAS).
Serving as the primary point of contact and a direct liaison to the GSAS senior staff, development colleagues, other university officials and volunteers, in conjunction with the Senior Director, the Associate Director establishes a close partnership with GSAS volunteers & staff.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Oversees and maintains responsibility for the day-to-day management of GSAS alumni needs and activities, including responding to electronic inquiries via internet forms, e-mail, phone inquiries, faxes, alumni visitors, etc
- Staffs various alumni association board meetings, implements alumni communications programs (including website and email communications); coordinates and staffs alumni and student events;
- Develops and implements a strategic plan for GSAS Alumni Community; implements, plans and coordinates all GSAS Alumni Association programmatic events including networking receptions, educational programs, and social events; culls data from the alumni database (Advance) and reconciles all programmatic costs.
- Identifies opportunities for collaboration through calendaring and engagement with key alumni professionals; provide increased outreach efforts to grow the intellectual and social engagement of GSAS School-based constituency and manages activities for GSAS; develops opportunities for alumni engagement, including volunteer initiatives, career day, alumni student events and departmental reunions, etc; builds bridges with School-based programming and the Columbia Alumni Association (CAA); coordinate with GSAS partners to ensure programming needs are met.
- Responsible for creation of event invitations, web and magazine prints; partners with alumni/student writers to identify stories, articles and features to be shared online and in print media, if applicable;
- Plans, promotes and collaborates with officers, volunteers and alumni involvement with GSAS and the CAA and Regional Clubs as well as other office initiatives; performs other associated duties and projects as assigned.
Bachelors degree required. A minimum of four years' related experience. Must have prior experience in the marketing arena and be able to creatively and sensitively approach brand management for a highly prestigious educational institution. Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office required. Must be able and willing to travel, some night and weekend work will be required. Prior knowledge and experience with the Advance database application preferred. Prior experience at an academic research institution is desirable. Knowledge of alumni relations preferred.
Must be detail oriented, use excellent independent judgment and initiative, and have a proactive customer service attitude when interacting with alumni and other constituencies. Demonstrated ability to work in a high pressure, fast-paced environment. Must possess the ability to work with changing priorities and multiple projects. Excellent analytical, organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, including a high level of attention to detail and active listening skills. Must be able to problem-solve and troubleshoot, in addition to the ability to work independently in a dynamic team environment. Demonstrated ability to effectively partner with a diverse group of administrators and academic leaders.
The successful candidate must be a strategic thinker, effective in moving strategic agendas, politically savvy, ensure the utmost discretion in all matters, as well as possess an ability to work well with all levels of management, both internally and externally, be flexible in nature, have a sound judgment with a collaborative style that fosters teamwork and cooperation beyond the immediate team to the broader organization. Must have a passion for excellent customer service and commitment to exceptional quality.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://jobs.columbia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=138730