Princeton University in New Jersey
|Date Posted||January 15, 2014|
This is a three year term position with the possibility of renewal.
The Center for Information Technology Policy is an interdisciplinary center at Princeton University. CITP is a nexus of expertise in technology, engineering, public policy, and the social sciences. In keeping with the strong University tradition of service, the Center's research, teaching, and events address digital technologies as they interact with society.
The Associate Director is the primary public face of CITP and plays a vital role in the management and direction of the Center, as the principal administrator for our core research, education and outreach both on campus and beyond. This individual develops, plans and executes the Center's lecture series, workshops and policy briefings; Recruits visiting researchers and policy experts, coordinating the selection and appointment process; Contributes to the Center's research initiatives; Promotes and supports the Center's undergraduate certificate offerings and other student programs; Develops the Center budget in collaboration with the Director and is responsible for the careful and appropriate management of Center funds; Edits the Center's research blog; Performs day-to-day Center operations; Cultivates high profile research collaborations and joint public events with other institutions; Manages public communications through the web site and print materials; Coordinates grant writing as appropriate.
Duties and Responsibilities
Management and Administration
* Develops, implements, and evaluates programs and strategies designed to enhance professional development and career advancement opportunities for Center students.
* Recruits visiting researchers and policy experts, coordinating the selection and appointment process.
* Directs the preparation and distribution of marketing, communications and promotional materials to constituents, in support of the Center's undergraduate certificate offerings and other student programs, via web site and printed materials, written correspondence, and social media.
* Coordinates visits involving Center sponsors, high-ranking university representatives, visiting international scholars, government, industry personnel and others.
* Oversees the planning, coordination, organization, and execution of high-profile activities of the Center, including lecture series, workshops and policy briefings.
* Participate in the development and enhancement of standard operating procedures and guidelines for all matters related to the Center.
* Represents the Center Director at meetings including presentation of report results and exchange of information with the University and professional community.
* Cultivates research collaborations and joint public events with other institutions.
* Edits the Center's research blog.
* Provides programmatic support to the Center Director and coordinate Center's research initiatives and activities to establish and achieve common goals and milestones.
* Assists the Center Director in developing and writing research grant proposals for additional funding for research relating to the Center's activities.
* Participates in the Center's research.
Budget and Financial Management
* Develops and oversees the Center's budget development in collaboration with the Director and is responsible for the careful and appropriate management of Center funds.
* Directs the day-to-day Center operations and the activities of the Center Manager, with responsibility for administrative support functions and details of project management including project financial status and purchasing decisions.
* Prepares and drafts correspondence and written reports such as the annual report, and analyses on the effectiveness of various funding programs.
Some travel is required.
The successful candidate will have the following:
* Bachelor's degree plus four years' experience in related field (significant academic or working experience with information technology policy issues).
* Sufficiently conversant in the scientific and technical dimensions of the CITP to be able to clearly convey opinions and findings/data through detailed analysis.
* Current knowledge of the field and players in information technology policy.
* Strong writing and speaking skills.
* Strong management and organization skills.
* Experience with editing and maintaining websites.
* Ability to interact and function in a cross-disciplinary academic environment.
* Strong organizational and management skills and good judgment; responsiveness with the ability to handle multiple tasks in a timely manner.
* Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills, the ability to work in a dynamic environment.
* Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
* Active listening skills to develop relationships and build trust and credibility with a diverse set of stakeholders.
* High level of emotional intelligence, judgment and strategic agility. Ability to resolve conflict thoughtfully and with minimal noise.
* Leadership, management and staff development skills which exhibit qualities of integrity, trustworthiness, respect and team collaboration.
* Proven ability to work independently with limited supervision.
* Ability to work with confidential information, manage information and data.
Additional, Preferred Skills and Qualifications
* Advanced degree
* Recognized and influential leader in the field
* Event planning background
* Grant-writing experience
* Computer programming skills
* Audio-Visual production
* Proven experience with and commitment to undergraduate teaching and advising
* Legal expertise as it pertains to intellectual property, privacy, etc.
* Passion for tinkering
The final candidate will be required to pass a background check successfully.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and in keeping with our commitment, encourages women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and disabled veterans to apply.
Please apply here: https://jobs.princeton.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=64658
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/8b9v584
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://www.Click2Apply.net/8b9v584