Dean/Director - School of Management and Innovation
Colorado State University-Global Campus in Colorado
|Deadline||February 15, 2014|
|Date Posted||January 14, 2014|
Colorado State University-Global Campus delivers the next generation of online education that lives up to the reputation of the Colorado State University System for quality and innovation. Offering Bachelor’s completion and Master’s programs in career relevant fields, CSU-Global Campus is designed to fit into the busy lives of working adults. The 100% online campus has faculty that are national leaders in their fields of study, and are specially trained to teach adult learners in an online platform. The Campus offers 8-week courses, with multiple start dates and a simplified enrolment process.
The Dean/Director is responsible for the overall success of the academic programs within the school including product development and curricular oversight. The Dean will provide leadership including supervision of program coordinators. The Dean will work extensively with the Provost, Director of Academic Operations, Associate Director of Curriculum, Associate Deans, and other core staff as required. The position is located at the Greenwood Village, CO office and reports to the Provost.
General Description of Position Responsibilities:
- Manage the P&L of the school and each academic program
- Lead innovation in course design to meet student expectations and place CSU-Global as a leader in innovative education
- Drive student learning, retention, graduation, satisfaction, and employment
- Use assessment data to make data driven decisions and ensure the highest academic quality
- Develop new programs, strategic alliances, and market-driven opportunities to align with industry certification
- Work with marketing to develop program specific campaigns designed to increase enrollment
- Create alignment with industry through active advisory councils
- Oversight and management of curriculum
Experience and Educational Qualifications:
- A doctoral degree from a regionally accredited university and industry experience in an appropriate field
- Product management experience; management of a P&L
- Extensive management experience including personnel, budgeting, and operations; industry experience
- Experience in successfully creating and developing new initiatives
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Experience with regional and professional accreditation
- Ability to effectively present information to faculty, academic and campus leaders, and other internal and external stakeholders
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment
Colorado State University System is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and complies with all federal and Colorado state laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding affirmative action requirements. In order to assist Colorado State University System in meeting its affirmative action responsibilities, ethnic minorities, women, and other protected class members are encouraged to apply and to also identify themselves.
Background check required on all successful candidates. This position will remain posted until February 15, 2014.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at https://csuglobal.edu/careers